Monkey In The Middle

As we walked I had a drink, but it wasn't tea nor water. Hmmm... not juice, coffee maybe? I only drank what was in the bottle which was a quarter full.

"Uh, Kiba you can put me down now" I told him, but it was more of a command than a sugestion.

"Why, this is fun" he said wearing a smirk as he tossed me up in the air repeatedly. I yelped in suprise. My stomach was churning and it wasn't a good feeling. It was simular to eating an entire funnel cake, and going on a roller coaster... Not fun. I noticed Hinata and Shino watching, obviosly amused. I hissed,

"So not cooo- ahhh!" I yelped at the end as I was tossed up. I focused my chakra to my feet and finger tips. I bent down on all fours, claws out. I snickered and began to run, and as I did so my claws dug into the dirt.

"Yumi get down here!" Kiba yelled loudly. I stuck my tongue out as I ran upside down on the ceiling. My chakra kept me from falling. 'Epic Ninja!' I thought. I felt like my thoughts were bouncing around in my head.

"Kiba what was in that bottle?" Shino asked curiously. Kiba rose the bottle up to his nose and sniffed it. His eyes widened in suprise from the scent. He jumped up onto the celing and ran after me. I jumped back onto the ground and ran into an open room. I hid behind a long brick, half-wall. I put one finger to my lips, and whispered quietly so only Kiba would hear.

Kiba:

"Shhh... they'll find me" she whispered. I stopped and held a hand up for Shino and Hinata to stop. 

"Who's they?" I whispered loudly. We watched for her response.

"SHHH! They'll find me" she replied and crumpled to the floor in a heap of silent giggles. Akamaru growled, an unfamiliar scent had reached our sensitive noses. There was someone lurking out and about.

"We have company" I informed my team. They nodded and crouched down, a kuni-knife in their hands. Yumi was still in the open room by her self, loopy as hell from the caffine she'd managed to grab. 

"Damn it" I muttered crossly. Hinata tapped Shino and my shoulder and pointed at 10 o'clock, to the left. The veins around her eyes stood out meaning her byakugon was activated. Sure enough in the large room walked a group of shinobi carrying an yellow scroll.

"We're so lucky we managed to find this laying out in the open" the shortest one said. I easily could tell they were from the village hidden in the mist by the symbol on the forehead protectors they all wore.

"Yeah, looked like a battle had just ended back their" said the tall girl. She stopped and froze. She ran out with incredible speed... to where Yumi hid. I opened my mouth to yell, but Shino covered my mouth.

"Even like this she can still defend herself" Shino told me quietly. Even Hinata tried to protest, but that didn't help any. I watched Yumi duck as if in a limbo-contest and do a sloppy black flip. She landed on one foot.

"Missed me, missed me! Can't have it!" she said waving something in the air. I think my eyes popped out of my head when I saw what it was. She had not only swipped our blue scroll, but their yellow one! 'She's gone mad' I thought. The fighting continued and Yumi dodged and ducked like a drunk. Despite my worry it was quite amusing. 'Coffee makes her drunk, hmmm... even her fighting style is different' I observed.

Yumi:

I threw the scroll into the air, a dangerous and risky move. 'But I'm to strong and fast! Whoo hoo!!! Ya hoo!' I thought, my thoughts a mixed jumble of nonsense now.

"It's mine now you fool!" the shinobi yelled and jumped into the air to retrieve it while the two other people attacked. I slid on the ground between them and jumped up above the other and grabbed the scroll. He was right below me, so I used his head a stepping stone and jumped higher into the air. All of the sudden I felt a hand grab me and push me down in mid-air. I twisted my body, so they kicked down onto the ground, but I escaped. I laughed which ended in hic-cups.

"Thaaaaaaat was close" I giggled and hic-cuped. I was enjoy this game even if I didn't know what it was called. To bad Kiba, Shino, and Hinata haven't joined yet. It was a game of monkey in the middle. Throw the scroll and catch it before they do. Ha, I was the winner.

"Gotcha!" someone yelled behind me. I barely realized they had snuck up behind me. I hic-cuped and broke into a fit of giggles and swayed to the right as they came on the left. I felt some kind of shock, the sound of something tearing, and something hot and sticky dripping down my side. I felt as if I'd opened my eyes. A kuni-knife had just hit my side above my hip. I gasped, and my mouth hung open wide. If I hadn't dodged that would have gone straight through me! I staggered backwards, and fell to the ground. 

"Looks like the games over for you kid" the short one sneered. The group jumped back as they threw a few kuni-knives. 'Again with the paper bombs' I thought grimly. There was no time for me to try and dodge, but I felt someone pull me away and behind a half-wall. I was breathing hard from anxiety and fear. 

"Are you okay?" Shino asked. I nodded. There was a sizzling sound. 

"Shino! Yumi!" Hinata called to us. We jumped just as the wall blew up. 

"Tsuga! (Passing Fang)" Kiba yelled as he came spinning through the air towards the enemy.

"Hiiiiii- Juken! (Gentle fist)" said Hinata as she struck at the enemy. Shino left to help the others, and so I could heal my wound. Definetely no more coffee, if I can avoid it.