Out So Soon(Chapters1-5 Edited)

I woke up, glad that my apartment room was cleared out of dust. Once again, as I remembered it, it smelled fresh and clean. I sat up and started to dress. I put on the fish-net under-shirt and leggings, my favorite black skirt, and a new black strapless shirt. To top it off I put on black leather boots, and gloves. I looked at my appearance in the mirror considering the thought of dyeing my hair chrome-blue.

My nose twitched, sensing someone coming near. I walked over towards the door to see who it was before they could even knock.

"Well your up early" said Shikamaru. 

I shrugged, "I rise with the sun" 

"The hokage has summoned us and a few others to go out on a mission" he told me. I grinned, a mission. It'd been so long since a good old mission.

"Sweet, who else is coming?" I asked.

"Sakura, Lee, Sai, and Naruto" he told me. I shut the door and we headed over to Naruto's apartment. I had a feeling Naruto would still be sleeping, despite it being one in the afternoon. A second after Shikamaru knocked there was a loud thud and a yelp of pain. Naruto opened the door rubbing his head and muttering something.

"Naruto, the hokages summoned us for a mission" Shikamaru told me. Naruto shut the door and came out a few minutes later dressed and carrying a cup of ramen. Soon we'd rounded up everyone and hurried over to the Hokages Office. 

"Ugh, I don't know how you eat that stuff right away" Sakura commented on Naruto slurping up the bowl of instant-ramen.

"Listen up" said Lady Tsunade, "In the land of water there's a small village near the coast of an island. They've given us an asigment to deal with the issues they've been having. Apparently the Toshiki clan is causing problems there. Your mission is to deal with the Toshiki clan and restore order" said Tsunade.

"Yes M'lady, we'll deal with it" Sakura said.

"Shikamaru is squad leader, you may go now" she said. We walked down the dirt road towards the western gates of the village. I noticed Kiba, Choji, Neji, Hinata, and Ino coming the other way.

"Going on a mission also?" Lee asked.

"Yep!" said Choji grinning. We continued walking.

"Yumi" I heard Kiba call my name. I turned around, his cute face full of worry and concern. 'Why did his face have to be so cute?' I wondered.

"Be careful" he told me.

"I will, be careful too" I replied. He nodded and hurried to catch up to his squad. I left the village with my squad, and soon we were sprinting through the trees to the land of water. Birds sang and small rodents squeaked loudly.

"Yumi, are you going to enter the Jonin exams?" he asked.

"I didn't know about it" I replied.

"It's in a couple weeks I think. When we return from the mission it should be starting soon" he imformed me. I noticed Naruto looking a bit down when I remembered he was still a genin. He saw me looking at him and grinned.

"Just because I'm a genin doesn't mean I'm any less of a ninja. Beeeelieve it" he said.

(had to say that. Beeeelive it! lol. Read the message at the bottom of the chapter!!!!)

The land of waves was a far distance from the Hidden Leaf Village meaning it would take us a few day to get there. We continued at a quick through the trees for maybe ten-fifteen miles. The sun was soon setting, and we were half way there. 

"Lets take a break" Shikamaru said. We jumped down to the forest floor, all of us, but Lee.

"Come on, we can keep going!" he complained.

"Lee it's getting dark. We should set up camp" Sakura told him.

"Sakura's right" Sai agreed with her. Lee sighed and reluctantly jumped down from the high tree branch to help set the camp up. We had two separate tents for everyone to sleep in. Between the two we'd made a small fire pit. The fire cast shadows around, occasionally flickering low when a cool and gentle breeze. Everyone was asleep, but me. I snuck out of the tent and sprinted away through the trees. Once far enough I sat down, made the tiger hand sign, and began to mediate.

I felt my own chakra building up, and something stir with in. It felt like a key going into the lock and turning ever so slighty. The three-tailed, Matatabi, beast was waking up. I closed my eyes and found myself sitting in front of a tall, golden gate. The eyes of the beast appeared. A thread of chakra formed between us, the chakra from the beast flowing into me. This was the training I've been working on for four years now. Splitting the three tails chakra and pouring it into my own chakra networks. No, I han'd learned to control the three-tails, but I would eventual. I trained for maybe and hour before sneaking back into the tent unnoticed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea's what the JONIN Exams shold be like?