Chapter Twenty-Seven : Another Christmas

The morning of December twenty-sixth, I am woken up at half past seven. Normally, this would make me rather irritated and quite grumpy, but there is a special exception because of who it is that is waking me up. Ophelia.

I wake up at the sound of her repetitive, angelic, high-pitched barks and at first I forget that she really exists. I thought the whole thing was a dream!

After a quick stretch, I throw a coat and shoes on because there's rain even this early in the morning. Given, it's not nearly as hard as it was yesterday but still evident nonetheless.

Outside, it's cold, like really cold. But little Ophelia doesn't seem to mind at all. I take her on a decent walk around the fields where she tries to nibble on some of the grapes. Gross. No.

I swear she could spend hours out here despite the steady sprinkle of rain. Nothing seems to bother her as she trots from place to place sniffing anything and everything she comes across. When she's finally had enough (an entire thirty minutes later), the two of us head back inside.

A grand amount of time is spent drying her off, during which she swats at my hands and nibbles on them. It doesn't hurt, in fact I find the entire thing quite adorable and hilarious. After giving Ophelia some food in her bowl in the kitchen I quickly jog up my stairs to put my coat away.

As I'm hanging it up, I hear my phone go off with the Face Time ringtone. It's Dylan. Nope. My face at 8:49am? Nope. Ignored. Love you, babe.

Wondering how he has enough energy to Face Time right now, I go to text him but I'm interrupted by him calling again. Rejected. Before I am able to finished typing out my message, he sends me one first.

From: Dylan O'Bae, 8:52am

Anita Anita Anita, I know you're awake because you REJECTED the call!!!!

Dylan Dylan Dylan, it is before 10am therefore I am so not cute rn. U don't wanna see this face

What are you talking about; 1, school starts at 7:30am and you're always looking beautiful at school  so your argument is invalid there; 2, you are always cute regardless of the time so your argument is even more invalid; 3, we've woken up side by side in the morning several times, so basically your argument sucks

Sometimes I wish u were dumb, did u know that???

No, but I'm sure you don't mean it.

I mean every word I've ever said, ever

So even that time I kept tickling you and you told me you hated me?

Ok maybe not e v e r y word but basically

Just freaking answer the call, I wanna see your faaaace!

No ):<

:o

(:

Fine, maybe I just won't give you your present later today...

What present!?! DYLAN

What?!

TELL ME YOU DIDN'T GET ME A PRESENT

Why wouldn't I?!

YOU TOOK ME TO FREAKING DISNEYLAND, WTF

:) See you at two, babe

...You ever just wanna smack somebody? This boy... No... Why would he get me another Christmas gift? I mean, yeah, that's super sweet, but he already spent like a million dollars taking me to Disneyland.