Chapter Thirteen : A Week to Remember

The Fall pep assembly is this Friday. I'm constantly reminded of this fact by the various posters hung on the walls all around school, not to mention the extra hard work we've been putting in at cheer practice in preparation.

Monday is the start of Spirit Week, with Pajama day to start us off. It's the Sunday night before all this, and I'm on the phone with Dylan while he, unhappily, folds his laundry.

"It kind of sucks for me because my pajamas aren't exactly school appropriate," I tell him as I lay face up on my bed.

"Mine aren't either."

"What are you talking about, when you spent the night at my house that one time, you were wearing pajama pants and a t-shirt!"

"Yeah, because I was spending the night at your house. You ever notice how every time we spend the night with one another, neither of us wear the pajamas we normally wear?"

"That's a good point."

"For example, I usually only wear shorts and sometimes a shirt. But when I stay the night with you I wear pajama pants and a t-shirt."

"And I usually wear shorts and a tank top but when I stay the night with you I wear pajama pants and whatever t-shirt I was wearing that day," I recall.

"Well see, I don't think very many people wear the pajama's they actually wear, to school. I suspect because, like us, they are not meant to be worn in public."

"Good point. So more or less everyone will be wearing 'fake' pajamas?"

"Yep," he says. "Remind me what all of the days are again?"

"Hold on, let me look at my phone," I pause and pull my phone from my face to find the photo I took of one of the posters. "Alright, Monday is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Greek Gods and Goddesses Day, Wednesday is Fictional Character Day, Thursday is Twin Day, and Friday is Color Wars, of course."

"And Juniors are wearing red, yeah?"

"Yeah. So are you dressing up all of the days?"

He sighs vaguely, "And here I thought you knew me. I'm only doing tomorrow and Friday."

"What?! You're such a party pooper!"

"Okay well I'll do Thursday too, but only if you'll be my twin."

"Duh! We have to go shopping!", I exclaim happily.

I hear him vaguely sigh, "Really?"

"Yes! Have to!"

"Alright, we will Wednesday after school."

"Yay!"

"So I take it you're dressing up everyday?"

"Of course, I think Spirit Week is fun."

"What are you doing for Wednesday?"

"You'll have to wait to find out, won't you?"

Dylan groans, "Anita, you're such a tease."

I laugh, "Oh, you have no idea."

"See, even that!"

"Sorry, sorry! Just can't help myself around you."

"You're not even physically 'around' me; we're speaking on the phone."

"Wow, way to get technical on me."

"I wish I was sorry," he laughs a little.

"On that note, I'm going to go to bed because I can't keep my eyes open."