Chapter Twenty-Four : Castles & Kisses

The last thing I want to do right now is go home. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice because Dylan is going to work promptly after he drops me off.

If I really had my way, I would sit in the kitchen with him while he cooked away. But whether I like it or not, we start heading down the wet roads towards my house.

It rained all night and though it's not raining right now, the sun isn't all too visible either. Not looking forward to getting home. At best, it'll be awkward silence or ignorance. At worst... well I'm not sure what the worst that could happen would be, but there's a lot of possible outcomes.

My aggressive dislike of the thought of getting home causes a constant frown to play on my face. My boyfriend tries to cheer me up by playing some of my favorite songs, but it doesn't really do much. I glance at the clock to see it's noon; maybe my parents won't be home! Here's for hoping.

Actually, I couldn't care less if my father will be home, I spoke to him last night for a while via text. We didn't speak much of the argument, I basically told him where I was and he said he was sorry.

I don't blame him much, though. Mostly it's my mother that I really don't want to have to deal with. But I have a feeling I won't have to, considering the fact that she's never home anyway.

"Anita," my companion calls in a sing-song voice. "Don't look so gloomy, it worries me."

"Sorry," I apologize. "I don't wanna go home."

"If I had my way, we'd both still be in my bed right now, but," he shrugs. "Plus I don't want to get on your parents' bad side for not bringing you home."

"I know, it's okay. I'm kind of just being a baby."

"Yeah. At least you're a cute baby."

Despite myself, I smile a little, "Stop trying to cheer me up."

"Why, is it working?", he glances over at me with an amused grin.

"I don't like you."

"Yes you do, you like all of me!"

"No, I don't."

"Yeah, ya do. You don't kiss a person the way you kiss me unless you really like them."

"You think you know everything, huh?"

"No, but I know a lot about you," he says, matter-of-factly. "For example, I know how hard it is for you to not be smiling right now."

Somehow, I laugh, "Shut up!"

"And now you've given in! Now I also know that you're not immune to my charm!"

"Well you should have known that already."

"What does that mean?"

I sigh, "If only you knew."

His mouth drops open, "What?!"

I simply shake my head.

"Anita, I will stop this car."

"Do it, I dare you."

"Waaiiit," Dylan suddenly says, knowingly. "I see what you're doing here. We can not postpone this car ride, okay? You have to get home, and I have to get to work."

I cross my arms over my chest, "It was worth a shot."

When I get home I find that my guess was right; mother is not here, but dad is. At least his car is. Inside the house, at first he is nowhere to be seen. Walking around a bit I call out for him, but get no reply at all.