Teenage Troubles

Thank you for the idea BenantoBr.
The teens are now 16 and 15. Ashla is 16 and Sokka is 15.

Ashla's POV

I'm sitting in the living room, waiting for Dad. He is not happy with me about having a boyfriend. I told him at dinner time and he was not happy.

15 minutes ago

We were all sitting down for dinner. We were all just talking but Something was on my mind. If I told, Mom and Dad would not be happy with me. Especially Dad. So I spoke up, anyway.

"Mom, Dad I have something I need to tell you." I said as they look at me.

"This has been pressing on my mind for a while now. Please don't be mad at me." I pleaded at the end.

"What is it, Ashla?" Mom asked me.

"I have...a boyfriend."

It all went silent. Mom and Dad shared a few surprised looks with each other. Dad looked at me and asked me to repeat myself as if he heard wrong.

"I have a boyfriend. He treats me really well, he makes me happy and brings out the best in me." I reasoned quickly.

"Ashla." Dad stopped me in a stern voice.

"Your not old enough to have a boyfriend. Your 16 years old, and still in school, a sophomore in high school, at that." He responded.

"Dad, please. Can you just let me explain?" I asked getting frustrated. 

"No. I won't hear of it!" He raised his voice.

"Anakin." Mom grabbed his arm trying to calm him down.

"Ahsoka let me handle this. Ashla wait in the living room, I'm want to talk with you about this." He told me. 

I just did what he told me and went to the living room. When I got there I sat on the couch and cried.

Present

As I sit here crying, I thought I could trust Mom and Dad with this but I guess I was wrong.

Anakin's POV

I couldn't believe what I had heard. I haven't felt this shocked since Ahsoka told me she was pregnant, both times.

"Ashla. Ashla I don't want you to be upset, Sweetie. I know I raised my voice at you but, I just want you to understand my point."

"I just thought I could trust you." She told me her voice cracking.

"Do you have a reason not to trust me? Have I done something to hurt you?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"Not hurt me but when you told me I wasn't old enough, I felt like I was still a 4 year old."

I sat there trying to come up with a solution. I started to rub her back.

"Ashla, I'm sorry I made you feel that way, I just don't want something to happen to you. I feel that as your father, it's my job to protect you. Your my little girl, and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know that and I'm grateful. But there comes a time when you can let go. You don't need to hold my hand. I'm a big girl now."

That made me tear up. It was true she was growing up, but I made a promise when Ashla was born I would protect her.

"How about if your Mom and I meet your boyfriend, I'll continue to let you see him. Just don't let him be anything other than kind to you."

"Thanks Daddy." She threw her arms around and hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

(Edited on July 9, 2021)