27. Sad truth

I have two selves, one for work and one for play. Lately, they have been blending in a way that won't end well. When work was just 8am to 5pm, I could keep the other 'me' in a little dark box until closing hour.

With the way things are going on, I find it difficult to coax the other 'me' out. After work, 15% of my mind is dedicated to thinking about everything that has happened at work that particular day and the other 85% is dedicated to thinking about no other person but my boss Jaden Brian Donald.

I can't explain how I've been feeling these past few days, my boss has been on my mind lately and it scared me so much. There's this feeling I get when I see him or when someone mentions his name and the desire to protect him anytime someone speaks ill of him is stronger than the desire to protect myself.

The thought of seeing him with someone else drives me crazy and I always get irritated when I see him talking to any female. Though, the feeling is strange and definitely new because I can't remember myself feeling this way, I loved it.

Last night, when I saw Mr Donald with that girl outside the pizza shop my heart ached. It felt like a wolf was eating inside my chest, tearing its way to my trembling heart. It threatened to devour me, eat me whole and leave nothing but scraps behind. But then, I promised to rebuild myself and fight off the feeling but I didn't know how so I did my best to ignore it.

I was already in my kitchen, fully dressed and ready to go when my phone beeped, indicating that I had a message which read;

Good morning beautiful. Its Thomas, I got your number from Jenny I hope you don't mind. Do have a nice day.

Thomas_xx

I hissed and deleted the message instantly "Jenny would get a piece of my mind this morning" I murmured to myself.

As I walked out through my apartment door, I felt like I should just go back in, change into my PJs and watch Netflix all day because not even a single part of me was ready to go to work or face my boss.

Even the idea of calling in sick crossed my mind but I decided against because I remembered that we had a meeting with Mr Giovanni at his house.

----

"Good morning Jenny" I greeted dryly

"Morning, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Why did you give Thomas my number?"

"He asked for it"

"What if he asked for it? do you even know if I'm comfortable with it or not?"

"Aren't you guys already friends? I didn't see it as a big deal"

"Next time don't give anyone my number without my permission. See you later" I pleaded with a sigh of irritation

"Okay. I'm sorry"

"Its fine"

I took the elevator up and went straight to my office. I didn't even bother to go to Mr Donald's office.

For hours, Mr Donald didn't call me to his office, he didn't send a mail neither did he give me anything to do and I wasn't bothered, not even one bit. I just sat idly in my office, reminiscing about everything.

Few more hours passed and I still didn't hear anything from Mr Donald.

With a gloomy sigh, I stood up and went to his office.

*knock knock*

"Come in" he yelled

I placed my hand on the door, twisting it and walked into his office.