19. pizza shop

I looked at Ryan who had a mark on his face from the impact, then I looked at the old woman. They actually look alike though.

"Your son disrespected me" I replied shrugging

"Who the hell is this young lady? do you know who I am?" She yelled and raised her hand to slap me.

I closed my eyes ready to feel the impact of her hand on my cheek but I felt nothing. I pinched myself to make sure I was still conscious. Then I slowly opened my eyes and my black orbs widened at the sight before me.

Ryan's mom was prevented from slapping me, her hand was still up but it was held tightly by Mr Donald.

If looks could kill Ryan's mom would have been six feet below the ground already. Mr Donald was staring at her like a predator that's about to attack its prey.

"Respect yourself Mrs Kings" he said and dropped her hand.

"What do you mean? this lady slapped my son!"

"Did you ask your son why he was slapped? If he didn't disrespect her she wouldn't slap him" Mr Donald concluded

"That's right honey, our son must have done something to the young lady" Ryan's dad said

"What the hell dad?" "Are you kidding me?" Ryan and his mom yelled simultaneously

"Enough!" Ryan's dad said sternly " Apologize Ryan" Mr King commanded

"Dad I'll never apologize!" Ryan snarled

"Yes, he's not gonna apologize. This lady should be the one to apologize" Ryan's mom fumed.

"Shame on you Mrs Kings" Mr Donald criticized

I stood there and watched as the Kings argued and I silently prayed that people would go back to their own conversations and as if God had heard me the once quite ballroom filled with Chatter and clink of glasses. When I was sure nobody was watching again I spoke "I'm sorry Mr Giovanni"

"Its fine dear, but you have to tell us what happened between you and Ryan"

"Is it really necessary?" I asked

"Yes it is! don't you wanna talk?" Mrs Kings seethed.

I hesitated for a while and spoke "He... He accused me of sleeping with my boss, I tried to explain to him that I am not the kind of person to spread my legs for just anyone. Then he called Mr Donald a crazy man" I Paused and studied the expression on Mr Donald's face, as usual it held no emotion "The main reason I slapped him was because he called me a whore" I added whispering the last part and Ryan's mom gasped.

"Ryan.. I thought I raised you better than that? how dare you call a woman a whore?" She queried taking me by surprise, was she not in support of her son?

"You didn't even raise him at all" Mr Donald chimed in earning a chuckle from Mr Giovanni

"You were brought into this world by a woman, you should learn to respect women okay?!" Mr Kings reprimanded

Mrs Kings mom moved closer to me and held my hand in hers "I'm so sorry dear, I didn't know he insulted you"

I smiled and gave her hand a small squeeze. "Its fine ma'am"

"Thank you dear, Mr Giovanni I'm so sorry for my son's irresponsible behaviour. This is a party for crying out loud, if he didn't disrespect her this wouldn't have happened"

"Its fine Mrs Kings. Apologize to her Ryan" Mr Giovanni said.

"No, I won't apo--" he started but was cut off by his dad's stern voice "If you don't apologize right now then I have no choice but to seize your car!"