36. I need time

"Say your goodbyes to this unfair world Miss Conway"

Here I am with a gun pointed to my head. Natalie stood a foot or so before me, her gun aimed right at me. I looked at Jenny with puffy eyes and my breathe heaved.

Her eyes held no mercy.

Natalie's finger slowly slid to the trigger and she caressed it teasingly.

I shut my eyes closed and I inhaled and exhaled. God I chose this, I would rather die than lure Jaden to his death.

"Remember you chose this you worthless piece of sh*t!" Natalie voiced without any compassion

"Be fast Natalie and let's get out of here before Mr Donald finds out she's missing you know he's a very smart man" Jenny retorted.

I cried silently and didn't look at her, my eyes still shut.

"Any final words? Think of some epic final wish Miss Kathryn Conway" Natalie mocked

I suddenly heard panicked steps approach from the stairs. I didn't even bother to look. I still kept my eyes closed as silent tears escaped them and awaited the burning feeling of the shot pass through my skin.

"Very well then, farewe---"

"Ma'am! We have a problem"

My eyes flipped open and my head whipped in the direction of the stranger at the door. A bulky man had emerged, breathing heavily.

Natalie and Jenny shot Jim a look from the corner of their eyes.

"What?" Natalie asked darkly

The bulky man breathed for a second as if he had just escaped from hell, and then he swallowed.

"We are under attack" he breathed, panicking.

Jenny and Natalie's eyes widened.

"What?!" They yelled at the same time

"Its a huge number of men. Almost like soldiers, they have invaded the whole building. we need to call for---"  and the bulky man's voice disappeared as a bullet pierced through his chest and I screamed as he swayed backwards. Natalie had shot him down.

"Natalie this is exactly what I warned you about! I told that man is f*cking smart! Now see what has happened, we are going to jail damn it!"

"I told you this was gonna be risky and you agreed remember?"

"You should have killed her minutes ago and we would have left this damn building!"

" I thought she was gonna cooperate and lure Jaden"

"You're stupid! Jaden is f*cking smart you can't kidnap him"

"Shut the f*ck up Jenny or I'll gun you down!" She yelled as she started walking towards the door and Jenny followed her.

Huh? They are leaving? She won't kill me?

Footsteps were heard again and I almost swallowed my tongue in fear. I turned to eye Amina, she was moaning in pain and her upper arm was bleeding.

"God please don't let them kill us" I prayed silently

Two silhouettes emerged from the dark and I  shuddered in fear. The faces of the two shadows could not be seen in the dark, not until they both appeared.

I felt as if my heart was about to burst.

My salivary gland stopped working and I felt my mouth dry.

My lips froze, after they had parted in surprise.

My heart clenched so deep within me and my eyes watered again.