5. New York City

New york is a city of wide avenues and small places to sit and eat, to relax as folk went about their day. There were the sky towers in the centre, what was once thousands of homes now took up less ground space than an old shopping mall. The rest was parks and wild spaces, a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles or horseback.

This was a city of the have's and have-nots. There were those in West-Van with their exotic cars and luxury life style and those on Hastings Street, drug addled and abused.

New York is really beautiful though. I continued to explore the city until my legs stopped in a very beautiful cafe.

I entered the cafe and wow it was even more beautiful inside! It reminded me of The Emily's café.

I took a seat near the window and took my time to admire the café.

After about five minutes of sitting, a waitress approached me and I couldn't help but admire her beauty even though she was practically half naked. The royal blue shirt she wore probably belongs to her little sister, it was so tight that the buttons couldn't enter the buttonholes properly and her black skirt did nothing to hide her long legs but she's beautiful though... Very beautiful

"Welcome to Little Collins, may I take your order please?" She said cheerfully

Do not judge a book by its cover, I thought she was gonna be rude.

"Yes please, I'd like a cappuccino and a hamburger"

"Alright I'll be back in a few"

She wrote it down and left.

Ever since I left Florida I haven't talked to Alysha, she didn't call me though I called her several times but she didn't pick. She's still mad at me I guess.
I took out my phone and dialled her number, surprisingly, she picked up immediately.

"Hello, how may I help you"

Did she just talk to me like that?! She probably doesn't know who she's talking to or maybe--

"Hello? are you still there?"

"Ye..yes, Alysha how are you?"

"I'm fine"

"Do you know who's talking? It's Kathryn"

"I know its you, can you please tell me why you called"

Wow! I wasn't expecting that.

"Erm...I just wanted to know how you're doing. I've tried your number several times but you didn't pick up, why?"

"You wanna know why? Okay, I didn't pick up because I love my ringtone so much and I don't mind listening to it over and over again" she said sarcastically

Oh my God! Is this my bestie?

"Aly, are you still mad at me? I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you! I love you so much and you know you're the only one I have right now! I have no mom, no dad, no family! I have nobody but you! Please don't turn your back on me!"

"Its fine Kathryn and I'm very sorry too, I know I'm being selfish right now but I can't help it.
I wish you told me earlier, we could have left together you know"

And my heart broke into million pieces right there and then.

"You don't need to be sorry, I totally understand how you feel. I should--"

I was interrupted by the appearance of the beautiful waitress.

"Here's your food miss and please call me if you need anything"