37. Sixty one

Two months later

I practically ran out of my apartment immediately I finished dressing.

"I'm late!" I thought as I quickly put on shoe and earrings.

With long strides, I walked over to the entrance only to discover that a  ride was waiting for me.

"Are you miss Kathryn Conway?" The chauffeur asked politely

"Yeah"

"Mr Giovanni asked me to pick you"

"Oh, okay" I murmured as I opened the car door and got in carefully.

"Ma'am can I ask a question?" The chauffeur whose name I didn't know asked

"Sure, go ahead"

"I just found out few minutes ago that Mr Giovanni is celebrating his 61st years old birthday today. what do you think I can get for him?"

"Firstly how come you are just hearing?"

"I just got better, I was at the hospital for the past few weeks"

"Oh, you can get him a tie or a shirt maybe, he would appreciate"

"Thank you so much ma'am"

"You're welcome"

Soon enough my mind drifted to Jaden. At first I thought about how much I missed him but the thought of all other things came back.

Sure I was in love with him, but there were other factors but no matter what, I was ready to continue my relationship with him. I knew he was gonna be at Uncle Giovanni's gala and I was so excited to see him after two months.

----------

"Miss Conway!" I turned as I heard a voice from my left, calling my name. It was a young man. His hair was short and blonde and he was full of excitement as he looked at me.

"Miss Conway, the gentleman over there asked you to join him"

Stunned by this, I turned to the direction the young man pointed at but I saw no one that I recognized.

"Who if I may ask?" I questioned, furrowing my brows.

"Mr Edward"

"Alright, thank you" I said, walking away from him and over to the direction of the man.

To be honest I had no clue who the man was. But apparently the man knew who I was.

"Why did he send for me?" I thought as I walked through the large crowd of people. I didn't quite know who I was walking over to until I heard my name once again. This time it came from a man who was probably in his early forties.

"Miss Conway, how nice of you to join me" he said, taking my hand and placing a kiss on it. Perplexed by this, I quickly pulled myself together and said "Mr Edward I suppose?"

"The one and only"

"Why did you want me to join you?"

"I have a business proposal" he replied, getting a little bit more serious

"I don't understand" I said, crossing my arms

"Well, you see I want to make a job offer. I want---"

"I'm going to have to stop you right there Sir. I'm not looking for a job"

"I understand, and though I know you're a very capable personal assistant but it isn't the job I was reverting to. I want you in a different position, you're far more useful than just a personal assistant" he replied, smiling at me. I was about to say something when  a voice I could recognize anywhere even in my sleep cut me off.