Chapter 6 - Revenge

A/N – HEEYYYYYYY MY BABY TURTLES! It’s been a bit and I owe you a longer chapter so yeah! Ew Term 4 of school starts in a couple days :(

*NIALL’S P.O.V*

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you shoulda, somehow, realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

Back beat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day but they'll never throw it back to you
By now you shoulda somehow realized what you're not to do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me...”

My naked feet dangle in the clear water of the meadow’s small pond. I strum one last chord on my guitar before setting it down on the crisp grass and letting out a restrained groan of annoyance. As I lean over to put my shoes on I glance at my reflection once again in the mirror like pool of water.

The punch to the jaw that Harry sent my way has earned me a large yellow purple bruise staining one side of my jawline. I have been holding off going home for about an hour now but the sky is darkening and I don’t exactly fancy walking home at night. I gingerly prod the large bruise along my ribcage, cause by Harry’s foot, and instantly regret it, more pain seeps through my body like poison.

As I stand up to leave I clutch my side in pain. I curse loudly and wipe away a small tear of pain before heading home with my bag on my back and my guitar under my arm.

***

“I HATE YOU!” My mum cries as Dad pushes past me and down the driveway, most likely on his way to the bar to get smashed as per usual.

I rush over to my Mum who is bawling her eyes out and wrap my arms around her.

“Mum? What happened?” I ask frantically.

She pulls away from me slowly, almost cautiously, and takes a hand away from her face to reveal a bright red mark on her cheek in the shape of a large hand.

“H-he...slapped you?”I choke out, I could never imagine my dad hurting everyone.

She nods slowly, still too shocked to speak.

“Oh my god...” The tears start to flow and from there they don’t stop. Dad has never become so violent with her, he would just yell. This is new, and very odd.

It is at this moment that my mum notices my, now bruising rapidly, jaw.

“H-honey what happened to your jaw?” She squeals in horror.

“I, um, ran into a pole...”I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

“A pole, Niall, really? I may be middle aged but I am not stupid.” She crosses her arms, wiping away tears.

“Fine, I got punched in the face by this jerk.” I murmur, looking at my feet like they are Justin Bieber, or Nandos.

I prepare for a rant on how I shouldn’t let stupid people beat me up, but instead she shocks me with a tight hug, her warm arms wrapped around me tightly. My eyes shoot open but I hug her back just as tight because, well, she’s my mum and I love her.