Chapter 17 - Text message memories

A/N - Okay guys so this chapter is ALL about Louis and Harry. Eeeeeh! :D Long memory warning :D

My iphone vibrates from underneath my back and I squeal girlishly. It's mid afternoon and I just can't be bothered to move.

A minute or two the phone vibrates twice to notify me that I haven't checked my message and I groan, too lazy to even try and get it. After a while of intense effort I give up on telepathically moving it and resume sprawling across my bed sleepily, the afternoon sun warming my face lightly.

*~*~*

"GET OFF ME! YAK ATTACK! YAK ATTACK!" I jump in my bed, eyes snapping open.

Oh, my dream wasn't real. Thank god. Evil yaks that feel you up aren't pleasant.

I stretch and rub my eyes, not even noticing the darkness of my room, when a rectangular object jabs into my lower back.

"Owchie!" I squeal, reaching behind me.

The bright phone screen blinds me at first but soon my eyes adjust and I swear loudly which is followed by the slapping noise of my hand over my own mouth.

2:31am.

Well thats just dandy. But what really surprises me is the text message shown at the bottom of my lock screen just begging to be opened.

From Louis.

Yes, Louis Tomlinson.

We haven't spoken for at least a month. Yeah that's right, Niall and I have been friends almost 2 months now and it makes me so happy to know we are still friends. Niall has been a bit weird lately though, won't look me in the eye for more than a few seconds without getting all awkward and quiet and slightly red.

I hesitate, my finger hovering over it. I take a deep breath and open the message, preparing myself for the worst.

The screen pops up and I cautiously allow my eyes to slip down. The last text I sent to him was almost 2 months ago or so saying:

'NIght boobear o'

We used o's at the ends of our texts instead of x's because o's mean hugs so thats a lot less awkward for us.

I gingerly scroll down and am genuinely shocked to see it wasn't just a phone glitch, he actually texted me.

Boobear Tommo: Hey.

Anger swells inside of me rapidly and I find myself wanting to punch someone. How dare he, after what he's done, have the nerve to just say 'hey.'

I shouldn't respond, I should simply keep my mouth shut and act like the mature 17 year old that I am; but my rage gets the best of me and I soon find my fingers rapidly tapping away at the keys of my iphone.

Harry: That's all you freaking have to say to me? Hey?! Do you not realize that I currently hate your guts? I have realized that being your friend was a mistake, and a big one at that. I realized what you still haven't; that we had our heads too far up our own asses to think of anyone else, and yours is still up there! I have Niall, Harmony and Liam now so would you kindly get lost? Bye.

As I hit send the guilt sets in but what I said was true. I have Liam, Harmony and Niall. It took 3 weeks but Liam finally warmed a bit to me, we can laugh and have a bit of banter now and Harmony seems to enjoy my company; her being the quiet type i'm not quite sure though.

Whatever, Louis needed to hear it eventually. If he finally realizes his problems reading my message then a meteor could come flying into my room right now and I would die happy.