Note and final hurrah of Just Let Me Love You

NOTE BEFORE FINAL CHAPTER/EPILOUGE (sad excuse of a final chapter but a chapter nonetheless)

Attention:

I will not be continuing this story after this final chapter due to:

- lack of motivation (this is not due to lack of follower motivation because you guys are amazing and never stop pushing me to keep on going)

- family

- life in general

- i've kind of drifted from wattpad, and oh god that sounds so mushy and weird, but I have discovered different things and realized that really this fan fic was just me going through a phase of inspirational writing or whatever

- I do have tumblr, and I write short things sometimes on there. It is tomlinsweg.tumblr.com but I don't know if I will change the url soon or what so yeah

- Because I feel as if you guys are missing out I will write a small ending because I think I owe it to you guys for waiting so so so long for this.

I am sorry and no I won't be uploading any more stories after this, at least I don't think so. I also use ao3 (archive of our own) now so yeah hit that up it's great. (pocketharold, shhhhhh!)

Here it is; the final chapter.

NOBODY'S POV.

The Curious Case of Louis Tomlinson.

Louis tapped his feet nervously, eyes glued to chip packet as it slowly released from the swirled piece of metal and fell with a deliciously crunchy sounding thud in the collection box at the bottom of the vending machine. He sighed in delight and retrieved the packet, allowing the cold sting of the metal flap to cool his hot skin; he was nervous, actually nervous was an understatement. He ripped open the packet and slipped a single chip onto the tongue, relishing in the salty taste. He wondered faintly what Liam's lips tasted like...were they be salty or sweet? Suddenly the nerves were back and the thought of food was anything but appealing to his queasy stomach.

He rolled up the aluminium packet and shoved it into his satchel - not a manbag, a satchel - and stumbled  back over to the other boys. Harry and Niall were both curled up, in a quite uncomfortable manner in one of the plastic chairs supplied, murmuring quietly to each other. Ever since Liam's departure Harry had been quite reserved, saving most of his words and smiles for Niall only; according to Zayn he had been spending most nights at Niall's due to nightmares or something along the lines of that. 

Louis gazed about, at all the different people living their different lives and a word he saw once on the internet reoccured to him - sonder. 

sonder

n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

And so he thought about sonder as he stared out at all those people, imagining their lives and if anyone out there was thinking the same thoughts as he right now. He looked at two children, boy and girl giggling and fighting over a stuffed animal. He faguely felt the irritation of male interest churn inside of him; being a disappointment was not fun at all.

He had passed the stage of self hate though because now he realized that, yeah, he was worth it. If Liam of all people could survive this mess than he sure as hell could. 

Then he heard it.

The overhead boomed out that Liam's flight had arrived and -god- was is already time? He felt his hands moistening with sweat and he felt his heart swell like a morbidly obese man after a marathon. What if Liam hated him again?

He supposed he would just have to find out.

When Liam stepped off of the plane Louis didn't know what he had been expecting, but it wasn't this. His hair was so different, a kind of weird shaved on the side quiff that made his jaw look so much more defined and aged him by a couple of years. He had stubble gathering in small colonies around his jaw and chin and his eyes were bright and fresh, so different from what they had been.

Two weeks can change a lot, he mused to himself. 

He also didn't expect Liam to run up and hug him, but he did and wow those were muscles and nice ones at that. He let himself sink into Liam, feeling the sadness and cold nights alone and long distance and regrets seep away, welcoming sunshine and musky man scent and mucles and nice jaws and Liam. All he could think was liamliamliam and how much he had craved and missed and loved him when he was gone and then as he looked up he saw it. The same look was in Liam's eyes and Louis felt his heart stop as Liam leant down.

Their lips connected and fireworks exploded behind Louis' eyelids as he sunk into bliss. The feeling of their lips dancing and colliding felt so sacred, special and he felt warmth spreading through him. Not the I-just-peed-myself-it-was-great feeling but something so much better. The feeling of being adored, and held and missed and Louis loved it and felt himself becoming attached to the feeling already. He was too far gone to look back now.

"I know what I am meant to do with my life now," Liam murmured, as they pulled apart, "Love you forever."

Then they raised their heads to look at the other boys who were whooping and standing and gathering in, all smiling and happy. 

And something occured to Louis.

He hadn't seen these boys look so happy in what seemed like so long. Their eyes were bright and full of joy and laughter, and their smiles were big, that genuine i-am-happy-so-so-happy big that made Louis' heart warm. Niall's arms were slung around Harry while he grinned and though Harry had bags under his eyes and looked like a zombie he looked overjoyed and so in love with Niall and glad that Liam was okay as well. Zayn just looked pleased, that odd subdued simper that he got when he was really content, and that was okay with Louis.  His stubble was all over the place and he looked tired due to all the drama and neediness that Niall and Harry had put him through this past week but that was okay because Niall and Harry still remained together through all of this and to see them happy made Louis double as happy. They deserved it really.

As he looked at these boys he realized that yeah, they had become a group. It didn't matter what came after high school and university and teenage years because really they were living in the now and right now they had come together and formed a small family, a family that depended on each other and needed each other to remain happy. The year had rocked them so hard and Louis knew graduation was just days away but that didn't matter because he knew they would stay friends. He wasn't scared of the world, or judgement or just about anything anymore for that matter because he had a tight knit family of people who made him genuinely happy and a boy who loved him through all of his faults.

It had all started with some naive little blonde boy moving from Mullingar to Cheshire, and without him the chain of events that had proceeded would have never happened. Harry wouldn't have bullied Niall, Niall wouldn't have fallen for Harry as Harry did for he, Louis would have never betrayed Harry only to regain it months later, Zayn would be without Emma, Louis would be without anyone but his lust, and really it was undeterminable whether Harmony still would have hurt Liam the way she did but maybe that part was left undiscovered. But yeah, without that stupid blonde mop of drama nothing would be the same.

Louis then realized that to look back on what he had done and what had happened and the changes that had occured in this year would be quite the rollercoaster but really he knew he couldn't look back now. He was too busy looking at the people in front of him, and loving them with all he had.

THE END.

Viola, I am out. My writing style may have changed and this may be hasty but I am so uninspired and it got away from me, I actually planned on it being a couple sentences explaining the basic outline of this so called chapter but no. I felt that I owed it to you guys as my final hurrah. So yeah, bye guys. Love you.

Oh and wow plot twist there never really was an Alisa. It was all me, Sophie. Whoops. Sorry about that.