Chapter 27 - Lonely nights

-NIALL-

The rain pours down outside still, and the sun has long since set. Harry has been gone for hours, and Zayn fell asleep on the couch awhile back after I refused to talk to him. Anne said we were welcome to wait for Harry since she and some guy were going on a date of sorts.

After Harry left I started crying and raced out into the rain after him, but Zayn dragged me back inside saying it was best not to deal with a mad Harry.

"He gets out of control, he could accidentally hit you in the moment." Zayn warned me, shutting the door behind us as we came back inside.

I huffed and sat as far away from him as possible, sending Harry text after text not to do something he regrets. I'm not quite sure what I would do if he murdered Louis. And now it is almost midnight, the rain pouring harder than ever, Harry still not home.

I bite my lip as thunder rumbles lowly outside, almost awaking Zayn who is sprawled across one of the couches, a think thrail of drool dribbling down his chin.

"Ew." I mutter, as Zayn snores loudly, rolling facedown on the couch pillows.

Lightning flashes bright in the pale black sky, momentarily illuminating the backyard in all it's wetness. I almost do a double take as I notice a figure staggering towards the house, dark hair matted to their face.

"Harry!" I squeal, leaping from the windowsill and racing to the door. I throw it open, surprisingly not making Zayn stir, and race out into the rain. His head barely snaps up, but he moves it just enough for our eyes to make contact. His glittering emerald eyes are dull and I almost flinch. Almost.

I race over to his staggering form and wrap my muscled arms around his shoulders, pulling him upright. He merely grunts, shrugging out of my grasp as if I am nothing. I gasp and reach for him again but he glares at me tiredly and limps off into his house.  For seconds I just sit in the rain, letting the salty drops drip down my pale face.

Finally I chase after him, racing inside to find Zayn still asleep. I race up the stairs and walk to Harry's room just a bit late. He slams the door straight in my face, leaving me in shock. I let out a choked noise and step back, eyes wide. What on earth just happened? I have more resilience than to cry because of Harry's emotional spasm so I simply square my shoulders and walk back downstairs with a straight face even though my heart is burning inside.

My footsteps down the carpeted stairs echo through the soundless house as I clomp to the door, feeling hurt and pissed off. I slam the door and Zayn finally sits up on the couch, big brown eyes flicking around the room wildly. His gaze turns to me and he opens his mouth to speak but by then I am already gone. Well then, Harry. Guy PMSing much?

****************************************

-HARRY-

The bed squeaks beneath me as I flop down on to it, picturing Niall's hurt face when I slammed the door on him.

Could a face that innocent really do what he supposedly did?

I imagine his face; his crystal blue eyes, bleached tufty hair, rosy cheeks, braced teeth and all. As I imagine him I can't envision him doing such a heartless thing. Niall doesn't look or seem like a heartbreaker. But...Louis. He seemed so honest in what he claimed, he had that certain truthful twinkle in his eyes. I just don't know.

**2 hours ago**

I lunge at him, but he swiftly ducks and shoves me away. Stupid agile Louis.

"What the fuck Harry?" He growls, standing up straight.

I snarl and throw a punch which he quickly catches and twists, making me yelp loudly and clutch my wrist in pain. Louis smirks easily.