Chapter 25 - Mascara

The long awaited date scene is finally here. *claps dramatically*

Can I have a holla?

"Emma. Emma, leave my hair alone. Ew what the hell was that?!" I squeal as Emma sprays this foul smelling cloud of aerosol over my hair. She slaps my hand as I move to touch it, her face scrunched up in concentration.

"Quit squirming, Niall! You're gonna screw it up!" She whines ,averting her attention to a drawer in the bathroom. As she digs through the granite drawer I groan loudly and slump in my chair, tired of this already.

"Don't slump, it's bad for your posture." She states as she produces a small silver cylinder from the drawer. She gently begins to unscrew the lid and my eyes widen.

"Don't you dare touch me with mascara!" I screech at her, covering my face up with my pale hands.

"It's not mascara Niall!" She sighs exasperatedly, "It's eyelash darkener!"

I scrunch up my face and raise an eyebrow at her as I examine the small vial of liquid. It looks pretty unsuspicious, perhaps I should just go with it.

"Fine." I huff tiredly, and a large grin spreads across her dimpled cheeks.

"Yes!"

She produces a minuscule applicator wand from within the bottle of 'eyelash darkener' and scurried towards me excitedly. Suddenly the freezing liquid brushed over my eyelids and they immediately feel slightly goopy.

"'Kay now sit for 60 seconds to let it dry and then if you stay really still i'll tell you a secret. Sound good?"

I nod enthusiastically and wait it out, Emma twiddling her thumbs and smiling, avoiding my eyes. Once the time I had to wait passes I grin and turn to her.

"Okay i'm done! Now, I want to know the secret! Is it a boyfriend or a new pet-"

"I lied. You're wearing mascara."

My eyes bulge and my jaw drops as Emma starts laughing. I can't believe her! I sprint to the bathroom and splash water onto my face but the makeup will not come off.

"It's waterproof mascara, idiot." I jump as Emma pops up behind me, a grin still prominent on her face, "but your eyes do look nice."

I sigh, giving up on trying to get it off, and raise my head. Hmm, I must admit my eyes do look nice. The eyelash colour is only lighter by a shade or two but it really makes my blue eyes stand out. I still hate it, though. I notice that my blonde hair is quaffed up nicely.

"I can't believe i'm wearing mascara!" I groan, stomping out of the bathroom with Emma on my heels.

"Oh stop complaining. Now, onto clothes! What time is the date again?" She cheers, running into my closet; oh dear lord she's going to make me look gay!

"Harry's picking me up at 7..." I mumble, blushing as I stare at my sock covered feet.

"Oooh his name's Harry! Sounds sexy- Oh, gosh, we have another half hour or less." She runs her fingers along the clothing, and I let her do her thing - she is a model after all.

"I'm going to go with not too fancy, but not ordinary day wear." She mutters, pulling some clothes from the closet after much rummaging around.

I examine them closely for any signs of flamboyancy. Surprisingly, I like her choice. Brown chinos with a plain white shirt and a nice tan sweater with my casual supras; I love her choice, actually.

Emma leaves the room excitedly and when I emerge as well, now clothed in her fashion choice, she woops loudly.

"God, I hate to admit it Niall, but you look better than me!" I blush profusely and have one last attempt of trying to rub the goddamn mascara off.