Chapter 3 - New friends

*HARRY's P.O.V*

A wide grin is plastered on my face as I pull the door to Sharon’s house shut behind me, my heart still beating slightly faster than normal and my breath jagged.

Damn, who would of thought that innocent little Sharon from English was so…wild and sexy? Images of our little party in her room flash through my mind and for a second I am actually afraid that my cheeks are going to rip open.

The sun shines down on me, reflecting exactly how I feel right now.  I honestly don’t get those people who want to save their ‘innocence’ until they get married, they seriously don’t know what they are missing out on.  All of a sudden the new kid, Niall, pops into my head.

I wonder if he is still innocent.

No Harry!

I shake my head and ruffle my hair so it doesn’t look too obvious, then I begin the rather long walk home. On the way there I notice a few good looking boys but I hold back winks, what if they know me and they spread some rumor…or even reveal the truth?

I shudder and decide to just keep my eyes on the ground ahead of my treading feet.

*NIALL's P.O.V*

I creep up to the front door, the now fading sun warming my back.  My afternoon at the meadow was probably the best afternoon of my life and that’s saying something.

My clothes are still wet but less so now from basking in the sun all afternoon.

The moment that I shut the door behind me something comes flying towards me, I quickly shift aside and it smashes into millions of pieces beside me.  Shouting follows.

I sigh and get a dustpan, sweeping up the sharp fragments of the glass vase.

“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!”  Screams my mother, appearing in the doorway face to face with my dad.

“WHAT DON’T I UNDERSTAND!?” My father shouts back, looking slightly- no, VERY worn down.

“Everything…”  My mother trails off and runs upstairs dramatically.

“…Dad?”

“Yeah son?”  Dad turns to me with a sullen expression painted on his face.

“Your mother is just being difficult as usual.”

“No, I mean what happened to you two?  When I was little you guys were like one of those fairytale romances and now…”  I trail off to look at my feet solemnly.

“I- I don’t even know anymore.”  He answers.

Tears drip from my eyes and land on the carpet, leaving little wet spots on it.

“Hey now, don’t be sad,” He pulls my chin up and shoots me an extra warm fatherly smile.  My mouth tugs into a fake grin and I give him a quick hug before running upstairs to be on my own.  Tears waterfall down my face as I shut the door to my room.  A shuddering sigh slips from between my lips as I gently lock the door and slide my back down it, letting myself drop to the floor with a soft thud.

Why couldn’t life be like the meadow, peaceful and soft.  Why do parents have to fight?  Why do I even survive?  What is the point of me if all I spend my time doing is pretending to be happy, and crying when I get home?

An hour passes and my tears are long dried but the sadness that I hide for the most of the day is still drenching me from head to toe in a thick sheet of remorse. My head dips and the last sob erupts from my body before falling limp against the wooden door.

***

“NIALL, YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!  GET UP!”  Greg’s voice hollering in my ear is my wonderful wake up call, note my sarcasm.

A few bangs come from the other side of the door where my older brother Greg is trying to get in from  but cannot because he is locked out and I was sleeping up against the door.

“Righto, you can shut up now.”  I grumble, stumbling to my mirror.

I wipe the tear stains away from my eyes and brush my unruly hair, adding some gel to keep it in place but not too much so that it looks like I stood in pouring rain for an hour.  I hate that look.

I fling on a pair of chinos and a white v-neck before pulling on a pair of converse and unlocking my bedroom door. My brother Greg stands fuming in the doorway, but his face drops when he meets eyes with me.

“Were you crying again?”  He sighs empathetically.

I nod slowly, scared that he will be disappointed in my.  At the moment, he’s all I’ve got.

“Niall, things will get better don’t you worry.”  He pulls me in for a brotherly hug then he spins on his heel and rushes into his bedroom.  Greg returns seconds later with a small stick of something that resembles deodorant.  Without saying anything he shoves it into my face and rolls it on the skin surrounding my eyes.

At first I am scared but then I realize what he is doing.  He pushes me over to a mirror and shows me my now fresh looking eyes, no longer stained by tears.

“Thanks.”

“S’alright.  See you later kiddo.”

“Seeya.”

***

The second I enter the school gates I can feel eyes on me but I understand why, the new kid always gets ogled at for the first couple of days. It’s like everyone Is testing you to see what type of person you are and what group you will fit into.

Some girl leaning against the gate wolf whistles and I laugh, blushing slightly in embarrassment. At least they thought I was attractive, that’s nice to know.

***

My bag slides into my locker after a bit of pushing and shoving on my behalf and I grin, success is a good feeling.  Since I am on my own at the moment in the locker rooms I do a little victory dance, fist pumping and such.

“Nice moves.”

The voice scares me and I leap backwards squealing.

“Well then.”  It comes again.

My head snaps to the sound of their voice and I relax. My eyes are set on a thin girl around my age, year 12, or at least she looks it.  Her hair is a pale blonde and falls in perfect ringlets down to her waist where the tips are dip dyed pink and purple, blending together nicely.  The girl’s eyes are bright green and friendly, small spears of dark green dotting the irises.

“Oh…uh that was awkward.  Well, hi I’m Niall Horan.”

“Harmony Ghent, My locker’s the one next to yours.”  Harmony grins and I notice a small dimple embedded in each of her cheeks appear.

“Cool, we can be locker buddies!” I laugh.

“Haha yeah, you from around here?  I haven’t seen you before.”

“Nah, I just moved here, I live down near the supermarket…the one on Pontas Street.”

“Hey!  Pontas is like 5 minutes from my house!  Sweet!”

The bell rung out and both Harmony and I grab our books.

“Well see you round Harmony!”

“See you Nialllllllll!”  She giggles as we both traipse side by side out of the locker rooms.

I have a friend, life just got slightly better.

A/N – Sorry if this chapter is mega boring but it’s just a filler. :] Love you all, please tell me what you think! Feedback is appreaciated!