Chapter 26 - Zayn

It seems like after something amazing happens, something bad must happen later. It's stupid, and annoying and ironic but really it happens because, well - Karma's a bitch.

That's the first thing I think when I wake up this morning to bright sunlight shining in my eyes. The glare shines in my eyes and I clap my hands over my burning corneas, wondering why on Earth it is so bright out. I soon discover it is due to karma being a bitch and making my digital clock run out batteries, therefore not waking me up at the correct time. A whole hour over the correct time. School started 20 minutes ago.

I groan, and leap out of bed - my head spinning. I race into my closet and throw on the first things I see, a loose t-shirt and khakis. I attempt brushing my mangle of hair but that proves impossible so I move onto scrubbing my teeth until they're white. I pull on a pair of socks and attempt a slide down the hal, but just end up slipping and hitting my 'sensitive area' on the stair banister.

Once done snivelling on the ground for 10 minutes due to lower region pain, I am up again. I sprint into the kitchen and begin pouring cereal into my mouth straight from the box and gulping down some milk soon after. Rather efficient, dare I say.

"Ew...Niall...ewww." Emma groans from the door, grimacing as I open mouthedly chew - milk dripping down my chin in a steady stream.

"Sorry, Em, but i'm going to be late for school otherwise and mum needs to drive me." I shrug, returning to chugging the crunchy cereal straight from the box. Coco Pops. Nice.

"Well, Mumma Maura is still sleeping. I can drive you if you'd like?"

"Mmmkay...but don't crash us into a pole." I laugh, recalling that she lives in America.

"Hey!" She sulks, prodding my chest. I shrug, a large smile still on my face.

I place the cereal and milk back in their places and turn to grab my shoes when a dreadful noise attacks my ears.

It's Emma. She's...yawning. I shudder. Yawning is a pet peeve of mine.

"Stop." I glare at her, she knows full well of my hate for such overdramatized stupid things. Like, why can't people yawn into their hands? It's common courtesy.

She smirks at me and ruffles my hair, ignoring my annoyed grunts as she sashays out the door.

"Bitch!" She laughs as I grumble cuss words, stomping out the door and over to her ridiculous pink porsche. She pats the hood of the car lovingly before hopping in and I roll my eyes at her.

We ride mostly in silence, i'm too tired to be bothered about conversation. Emma accepts it and languidly sings quietly along to the radio.

When we arrive at school, almost 2 hours late I am about to get out of the car when Emma pulls me back in.

"Emma what-"

"Is that the kid who was messing with you yesterday?" She is glaring at Zayn, who across the street is smoking a cigarette and joking with Louis. I smirk and nod, remembering what happened yesterday.

Before I can say anything she jumps out of the car and marches over to them. I slap a palm to my forehead and sprint after her. She's so stupid sometimes, I swear.

*********************************

-LOUIS-

Zayn and I are mucking about on the outside of school. He and I are laughing about the weird kid who peed himself in class yesterday. What a loser!

Suddenly I remember Niall and cringe.

"Ugh. Don't you just hate Niall?" I groan, sighing loudly and rolling my eyes.