Alive

Nari's P.O.V.

After I eventually dragged Jimin out of his bed, I drove him downtown so he could see everything there.

Once we finally make it downtown, he jumps out of the car and runs toward the bright neon lights that lit up the streets.

"It's so different from what I remember. What are we even gonna do?"

"Whatever you want."

Jimin turns to look at me, his eyes wide, blond hair ruffled from me waking him up. "Whatever I want?"

I nod my head and he smiles brightly, his eyes disappearing into crescents.

He's so cute.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I feel Jimin grab my hand. "I know the first thing I wanna do!"

As he drags me through the streets, I can't help but smile as I look at him.

He looks so bright, so carefree. He looks like energy is flowing through him with every step he takes.

He looks free.

He looks ALIVE.

Jimin finally stops running as we stop in front of an ice cream stand. "Um, can I have two chocolate ice creams in a cone, please?"

After we paid, Jimin dragged me all over town. Into clothing shops, bowling allies, parks, everywhere.

I can't believe how far I've gotten with him in two months. Looking at him now, it's hard to believe he was the same guy that was all smug and obnoxious when I first started counseling him.

"Nari?"

His soft voice makes me look at him. I can see how tired he is when I look into his eyes.

I mean, I DID wake him up in the middle of the night.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you..... for taking me here." I smile, nodding my head.

"We should head back. We both need to get some sleep."

Jimin nodded and held my hand as we walked back to my car. Looking down at our joined hands, I felt my heart skip a beat.

"By the way. There was something I wanted to give to you... as a way to remember this night."

I open my purse and take out a stuffed otter that I bought him a few days ago.

I thought that it was soft and cute..... just like him.

He took the stuffed otter from my hands, smiling down at it before throwing an arm around me, giving me a hug. I laugh before patting his back and starting to drive back to the mental hospital.

3rd P.O.V.

As Nari and Jimin parted ways that night, it seemed neither of them were able to slow down their racing hearts, beating faster whenever they were together.

That night, Nari slept with calm mind, and a happy heart.

And Jimin slept with a smile on his face and a stuffed otter held tightly in his arms.

Hi friends!! I just wanted to tell y'all that since school's coming up soon, I won't be able to update as much as I have been. But I'll try my best to update!!