Chapter Fourteen

Elite.

"What is it, Genova?" She asked. He looked around with a worried expression.

"We have a problem, Arabella. I didn't want to tell you until you actually sent out the call. I didn't want any distractions keeping you from doing what you need to do." Arabella frowned.

"Spit it out, Genova." She said glaring at him.

"Well- Well, it's just-"

"The Council know that we are here now, right?" She said. Genova's eyes widened in surprise.

"How?"

"Because I am not a moron. I had already weighed the possibility of this happening." Arabella said.

"Just how smart are you?"

"Smart enough to know that we are wasting time right now. Get those children into that large building over there." She said pointing to a tall building in the center of the village. Genova nodded.

"How are we going to do this?" He asked her.

"Hell if I know. Just try not to spook them." She said.

"Whats going on?" An older girl demanded. She had seen them standing to the side and whispering to each other.

"We need your help. Can you help us round up the younger children without scaring them?" Genova said.

"What did you do?" She asked in fear.

"Listen," Arabella said commanding the younger girl's attention. "Now is not the time to get emotional or upset. Do you hear me?" She demanded. The girl nodded. "I need you to help me get them to that building in the center of the village without scaring them. That is all. You will leave the rest to me." She said. The young girl stood shaking in fear.

"How? I'm so scared right now?"

"You have nothing to fear. I know this is hard for you to understand but you will be perfectly safe." She said assuring her. "I will make sure that nothing will ever happen to you or anyone else in this village. It is now under my protection." She said. Arabella turned away from her and walked back over to where the children were playing.

"Okay, everyone, listen we are going to go play a game. Here are the rules. Okay. We are going to go to that building over there." She said pointing towards the large building. All of the children listened excitedly as she instructed them on how to play the game. "Okay, does everyone understand?" She asked. They nodded their heads that they understood. Some of the older children looked at her skeptically but helped the younger kids to the big building without complaint.

Arabella spent what little remaining time she could playing with the children and keeping them busy until she felt the nearness of a dark energy steadily approaching them. Genova noticed her stiffen suddenly.

"You should stay here." He said unsheathing his swords.

"No. I will not hide in here while my friend goes out there to fight. You will stay here and protect these children should I fail." She said standing up.

"But-"

"Genova, do not argue with me. This is an order. I will not tolerate something as cruel as what these people have done to these children. It is time that they pay." She said.

He could see the rage burning inside her eyes. He had rarely seen her like this before but he knew that she meant every word that she had just said. She would go out there and fight for the sake of these children. She would go out there and fight for the sake of her principals and even for her own sake.