Chapter 13-Ellie

*Beauty*

At 8:30 on a Friday night, with streetlamps lighting the car pack with a romantic hue, I kissed my seven-year crush William Johnson.

Will's lips were as soft as I'd imagined.

He was an amazing kisser.

My hand, the one that wasn't boiling alive on his chest, nestled into his glorious black locks. My chest sputtered as his arm came around my back, holding me up as my legs threatened to give away. I could feel his muscles through my thin cheerleading vest, sending pulses of heat up my spine.

The press of his lips against mine was gentle. And yet the burning flushes rocketing beneath my skin refused to let me describe it as chaste.

My mind emptied to nothing but his sweet scent and the warmth of his skin. One thought shoved to the forefront:

He was kissing me.

William Johnson was kissing me.

I couldn't believe it.

The moment was endless and too short at the same time.

Slowly, torturously, he pulled back, stopping just centimetres away from my lips. Electricity sparked on my skin as his fingers stroked my face, tracing a fiery line from my ear to my jaw. His breath tickled my lips and I licked them.

"You're so beautiful," he murmured.

I bit my lip.

It still hadn't hit me yet.

William Johnson--seven year crush extraordinaire--thought I was beautiful.

William Johnson--seven year crush extraordinaire--kissed me.

I must be dreaming.

And yet the trembles that ricocheted deep in my bones grounded me back to reality. This was real. William Johnson, my seven year crush, called me beautiful. William Johnson, my seven year crush, kissed me.

William Johnson, my seven year crush, liked me.

I couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "I shouldn't be taking advantage of you."

I shook my head. He was completely wrong. He wasn't taking advantage. If anything, I was taking advantage of his perfect lips.

Please kiss me again.

The words pulsed in my skull and my lips parted, the words lying on my tongue.

All that came out was air.

I felt my heart sink as Will began to step back. His eyes clouded. For a moment, before and after he kissed me, they were finally clear, revealing the emotions he always masked beneath black framed glasses. But the shutters were coming down.

I was losing him.

No.

My fingers clutched his shirt, weakly preventing him from leaving. He blinked and glanced down at me, his expression puzzled.

The words came out in a whisper. "Please kiss me."

His eyes widened.

I tried to ignore the boiling sensation on my face.

Wow, Ellie, not embarrassing at all.

Will nodded just slightly before craning his head back towards mine. His lips brushed against mine before he finally pressed them to me. His hands were careful, cupping my jaw and chin. My body was still, unable to react as my heart quaked in my chest.