Chapter 21-Ellie

*Beauty*

I looked absolutely horrible. 

I groaned as I stared at my reflection in the cracked mirror of the public toilets.

My hair, slightly damp from rinsing out the remnants of Catherine's vomit, was tied up in a high ponytail. My make-up was gone, washed away by the vicious tap water.

I had completely humiliated myself in front of Will. Again.

Tips from Ellie Kent on making your seven year crush fall for you: 

One - Fall asleep AND fail epically in a maths class and prove yourself to be horribly unintelligent.

Two - Fall during a cheer routine, humiliating yourself before the entire year.

Three - Fall asleep in his presence constantly.

Four - Make his mother hate you.

Five - Allow his beautiful talented and intelligent best friend to puke all over you and ruin your clothes.

Yay! I hit all five! He'll definitely fall for me now! And if you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

Today had OFFICALLY topped the list of the worst day ever. Standing before my crush first covered in lime green puke, then with all my make-up stripped. Just awesome.

I sighed.

If only I hadn't forgotten my bag in Justin's car. At least then, I could attempt to fix my appearance. Instead, I looked like I'd been run over. If Will really had any feelings for me, I was sure they were gone now. I think you stop liking a girl when you see pieces of vomit in her hair, on her top and on her skin.

Sigh.

The only redeeming factor was the shirt Will had given me.

Will's shirt was too big on me and hung loosely from my frame. I rolled up the sleeves, attempting to reveal my hands beneath the endless white cloth. Across the front, in black script, was a maths joke. 

He was so unbelievably adorable.

Biting my lip, I brought the shirt up to my nose, taking in his scent. 

Woah.

Just his scent knocked the breath out of me.

He was so completely perfect.

And so completely disgusted with me.

I sighed.

Taking a deep breath, I patted my face to gain some colour before clutching the bag with my soiled top and heading out of the toilets.

The toilet exited to a car park. Will's car was parked a few spaces over, rumbling quietly in the night air. I froze as my eyes latched on to him.

He stared out the front window, a perplexed expression on his face. I could see his jaw was clenched, a muscle by his jawbone flexing against his neck. His fingers tapped a rapid rhythm against the steering wheel.

He looked angry.

Maybe he really did hate me.

It felt as if someone was crushing my chest. I couldn't breathe.

Suddenly, he glanced up and his eyes locked on mine. 

I jumped, surprised, then glanced away.

Will stepped out of the car, his movements quick and sleek as he walked over to the passenger side door, opening it for me.