Chapter 33-Ellie

*Beauty*

Will's lips were emblazoned in my mind.

I could still feel them lightly brushing my own, sending spurts of heat down my spine. The place where his finger had splayed over my back still sparkled with electric currents, as if he was touching me all over again. Then I remembered the way his lips had hovered over mine, breathing minty breath onto mine as he inched closer to kiss me...

Woah.

Ellie Kent, will you be my girlfriend?

Squeal!

I bit my lip, aware that I was now blushing a new shade of red.

Oh, Will.

For the past eight hours of Gemma and Layla's victory party, my mind had been on Will. He flooded my mind and made it impossible to think about anything else.

Will was my boyfriend.

William Johnson was my boyfriend.

I couldn't breathe.

I frowned as I remembered the way his voice had darkened on the phone when he said he had to go.

It had sounded off. Had something happened?

I blinked out of my daze as I noticed someone had sat down next to me.

Justin Markson leaned towards me. Beneath his varsity jacket, like the others, he was splattered with paint. His hair, however, was perfectly combed, as if he'd spent hours fixing it. He looked a little irritated and the bruise growing on his neck beneath pink paint confirmed the reason why.

Gemma had been pretty boastful in describing how she'd shot Justin with her bazooka while he ran away.

I giggled, imagining it.

Justin grinned. He stretched his arm around the chair behind me, leaning closer. "You disappeared on me during the festival," he said, his voice low.

I frowned, shifting slightly away from him. "Uh, yeah, I left early," I replied.

I scanned the heads behind him, searching for Gemma or Layla.

"It was sad," he continued, "I wanted to hang out. You looked really hot that night."

This is so awkward.

He flexed, an arrogant smile sliding over his face. "Sorry about this morning, with the paintballs." He shrugged. "You know, I get really into the game."

I blinked, trying to remember what had happened before I met up with Will. 

Then the memory of Will, hovering inches away from me in that tiny alcove pulsed in my mind. And abruptly, I was blushing again.

Justin's grin widened. "You still look pretty hot though, with that outfit."

Okay, I am officially uncomfortable.

I stood, stepping away from him. "Why don't we, er, chat later? I have to go somewhere..." I trailed off as I weaved through the students, away from him.

"Later, babe!" he called.

I heard wolf whistles from around the room.

I shuddered as I dodged the crowd of East, and some West, students, all splattered in paint. Finally, I pushed through the restaurant doors.

The sound of laughter and squealing dissipated slightly as the doors shut behind me. I stepped out into the cool night of the parking lot, allowing the breeze to blow back my hair.