Chapter 37-Ellie

*Beauty*

Will looked like he'd just walked out of the pages of a magazine.

He was wearing a dark green sweater, which made his emerald eyes sparkle. His hands were tucked into the pockets of his black jeans. But it wasn't just the clothes. It was the way they fit him, draped in a way that made it obvious that he had an amazing physique.

His black hair was rumpled, in the way that made me think he'd been shoving his fingers through it. Which was what he always did when he was frustrated or trying to think. That made me want to ask him what he'd been thinking about. Which made me imagine speaking to him in person after this last week. Which made it very difficult to breathe.

Then I remembered he was looking straight at me.

And, as per usual, a surge of heat flooded my face and my entire body.

Will's lips twitched into a smile. He crossed the room in a few long strides, each stride setting my heart off faster in my chest. He stopped a metre in front of me and I tried to remember how to breathe.

I had almost relearned how to inhale and exhale, when his fingers brushed my face and the technique vanished like it had never been there in the first place. The touch was so light, but sent jolts into my heart when I hadn't been sure it could beat any faster.

His voice was as warm as hot chocolate fudge. "Hey," he murmured.

Breathe, Ellie, breathe.

"Hey," I rasped.

Great job, idiot.

Amusement danced over his features, and my emotions became a mix of awe and embarrassment.

The sound of familiar voices broke me out of my daze. Abruptly, I remembered what I had been doing before Will's perfection had distracted me.

I glanced around quickly, searching for a place to hide. My gaze locked on an ajar door. The plaque on the front of the wood read 'Supply Closet.'

"Come on," I whispered rapidly, wrapping my hand in his. His eyes widened slightly in that way that made me wonder if he'd felt that same jolt of electricity that ran through my veins the second his skin met mine. His eyes were locked on mine as I pulled him into the supply closet.

Just before I closed the door, my eyes froze on a pair of light brown eyes behind him. Chelsea Simmons, dressed in tiny lace and satin shorts and a matching camisole was watching both of us, her expression blank.

The door clicked shut as Madison's voice floated into the front room.

"Chelsea, have you seen Ellie?"

My heart pounded rapidly in my chest. She was totally going to give us away. She was totally going to give us away.

Okay, maybe I should update you on what's going on.

The cheer and football teams were playing Hide and Seek. Perfectly fine, except we were playing Gemma's version of Hide and Seek. Which meant that the first few people caught by the 'searchers' (Gemma, Layla, Madison and a few others) would have to take dares. Gemma's dares were never innocent and I'd suspected foul play the moment she hadn't picked me as a searcher.

It hadn't taken me long to realise my three best friends were determined to set me up with one of the student attendants assigned to us from the university. And, since I wasn't prepared to tell them that Will and I were dating—here where all the cheerleaders and jocks were constantly together and anyone could overhear our conversation—I couldn't get caught.

Which meant I was completely at Chelsea's mercy.

"I think she came right past here," Madison continued. "Did you see where she went?"