Chapter 22 - Will

*Geek Boy*

Ellie Kent's lips were incredibly soft.

I was kissing Ellie Kent.

Ellie Kent was kissing me.

My heart was pounding so rapidly that I could barely breathe. 

I couldn't believe it. 

But she was here, her lips brushing mine, sending hot waves throughout my entire body.

Her hands clutched my shirt, sending fizzes of electricity straight into my heart. My fingers slid up her face, embedding themselves into her thick luxurious curls. The locks spilled around my fingers, soft against my skin. 

How many times had I dreamed of touching her hair?

My other hand was positioned on her back. I could feel her trembling as she leaned into me. I rubbed soothing lines down her back. Her body stilled, melting as she leaned into my hands.

My heart was going to beat straight out of my chest.

I was kissing Ellie Kent.

I had to be the luckiest man on the planet.

Tentatively, I swiped my tongue across her bottom lip. She gasped and her lips parted, releasing strawberry mint warmth.

One of her hands slid up my chest, brushing my neck, and coiled into my hair.

I pulled her closer, leaning forward until our bodies were almost touching. She shivered as her other hand wrapped around my back, sending jolts of electricity through my sweater. I could feel every single one of her fingers burning an impression into my back.

I never wanted it to end. I wanted to kiss her forever.

This moment was perfect. The most perfect moment in my entire life.

My phone vibrated. I ignored it, pressing closer to her.

It vibrated again, this time more loudly.

I sighed.

Too quickly, I pulled away, still holding her close to me. Her eyes, the perfect shade of aquamarine, opened slowly, widening as they stared up at me. Red burnt her cheeks and her breathing was soft as she tried to catch her breath.

Dang, she was beautiful.

Our breaths mingled between us. Again I was hit with that thought: This wasn't happening. It couldn't be.

Ellie Kent liked me. Ellie Kent, the girl I'd had a crush on for seven years, liked me.

I couldn't believe it. I felt as if I'd stepped into an alternate reality and, any second now, I would wake up and things would be back to normal.

If so, I didn't ever want to wake up.

I pulled away reluctantly, reaching into my pocket to pull out my phone. It was my alarm. Fluorescent green lights gleamed in the darkness, reading 10:30.

I sighed, "I should take you home soon."

Ellie bit her lip as she gazed at me from beneath her lashes. She hesitated. "I don't want to go home yet," she said softly.

My heart thumped, making it hard to breathe.

She wanted to stay with me. Ellie Kent wanted to stay with me.

I nodded, unable to speak.

I put my glasses back on as I switched on the ignition.

As I drove, Ellie shot glances at me. Every time I caught her gaze, she'd duck her head, her face burning red.