Chapter 25-Ellie

*Beauty*

The door opened, revealing the embodiment of perfection: William Johnson.

Will's dark hair was tousled, a few strands brushing his eyelashes. He wore a tight black top that clung to his body, highlighting the muscles of his torso. His dark blue jeans were casual, but hung perfectly on his endlessly long legs.

He smiled, his lips lifting into a blinding visage as those emerald eyes, sparkling in a way I'd only seen a few times, smothered me.

I think I'm drooling.

"Hey," he said softly.

Oh, my heart.

"H-hi," I squeaked out.

His lips twitched.

Oh goodness, someone help me.

His voice was soft and rumbling, vibrating through my entire frame, "Come in."

He took my bag first, before I could protest. Then he took my hand, his touch light as he intertwined our fingers. Electricity jolted up my arm. He tugged me gently into the house, an invitation rather than a forceful action.

Even the very slightest of his movements resounded in my rapid heartbeat.

I stepped into the house, gasping at the heat that glazed my entire body when I stood in front of him.

Goodness.

He shut the door behind me. The muscles in his biceps—which passed over me, inches from my face—flexed. I nearly melted.

He led me into the kitchen, an area attached to the living room. My eyes locked on his back—Will's perfect back—less than a metre away from me. All I had to do was reach out and I could touch him.

Breathe, Ellie, breathe.

Study books were spread out on the kitchen island.

"We should work on chapter 3 today, since you struggle with differentiation," he said as he dropped my bag onto a white leather couch.

Say what?

Oh, yeah, maths. Studying.

Darn.

Despite the fact that he was speaking a mathematical language I couldn't understand, the sound of his voice still slid over me, turning my muscles to jelly.

Will walked me to the side of the kitchen island. I attempted to, as gracefully as I could—which was not very gracefully considering I was literally inches from the perfection that was William Johnson—perch on the high stool. I blushed as he smiled down at me, his eyes sparkling from behind his glasses.

Will's hand pulled away from mine, leaving it feeling empty as he made his way to the opposite side of the island. I bit my lip, holding back a sigh.

It was as if he was stretching my heart over the marble table top.

He sat opposite me. Way too far away.

He glanced down at the books and began, "Alright, so..."

Will trailed off into maths. And though his voice still washed over me, his words faded away as my eyes honed in on his lips, moving as he spoke. Then my gaze travelled up his face: his perfect skin, his strong jaw, his lashes brushing his cheekbones as he looked down at the textbook...

Wow.

"Ellie?"

I jumped, my eyes widening as Will caught my gaze.