Freshie

Nari's P.O.V.

Seoul Mental Institution

As I stare at the building sign, I can't help but scowl at the words.

Mental Institution.

A mental institution seems like a building to store all the people with 'problems.' To store all the people that strangers are too scared to talk to. I mean, it's not their fault they're different!

I push those thoughts away and open the door, ready to start my new job. Today was my first day as a counselor for the patients, and I can't wait to start. My parents always told me to help others whenever I can, which is why I decided to major in psychology and human studies.

"Hello. May I help you?" I look towards the voice to see a man behind the front desk.

He was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen.

The man had a tall, slim figure, broad shoulders, black hair, and the most beautiful face I've ever seen. I just might have a heart attack. Woah.

The man chuckled at me and I realize I said that out loud, and blush a bright red and look down at my shoes. Hey, they actually look decent today.

"Thank you. I know I'm handsome. My name is Kim Seokjin, but call me Jin. You're the new counselor, right?" I looked up to now see him in front of me, his hand out. I took his hand, "Yeah. I'm Kim Nari."

"Kim Nari...." he kept mumbling my name as he looked at my clipboard telling me the names of my patients. His eyes suddenly went wide while staring at my papers.

"What's wrong? Who's my first patient?" His eyes went to me, before flashing back to my papers. "Th-There has to be some sort of mistake. You just started. There's no way you should have him!" He seemed to be in utter disbelief at who my patient is.

"What's his name?" From Jin's response, my patient sounds like a handful, but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle. I may be tiny but I can still kick some serious ass!!

"Park Jimin. 23 years old. He's been in this hospital for 8 years, and has been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, and Borderline Personality Disorder."

"8 years?! He's been in this hospital for 8 years?!" That means he's been in this hospital since he was 15. That's.... horrible.

Jin nods his head. "Yeah, it's sad really. He's had tons of counselors before, but they all gave up on him. Said he was uncurable. Hopeless." That word made my blood boil.

Hopeless.

No one is hopeless.

"Thanks Jin. I gotta go now. I'm late for my appointment with Jimin." I take the clipboard out of his hands and walk down the silent hallways. I hear Jin say a 'Good luck!' and it only fired me up even more.

When I finally made it to the correct door, I stop in front of it, my hand resting on the handle. No one is hopeless. I take a deep breath and open the door. I look around the room, which normally would be plain white if it weren't for the black drawings that littered the walls.

"Oh wow. They sent in another one." A sarcastic voice comments. And that's when I see him. Plain white clothes, dirty blonde hair, and the smug look on his face. "Hello, freshie."

"Hello, Jimin."

Hello friends!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter so far. This is my first story so I hope it doesn't end up being cringey lol. Please look forward to more of the story, and if you do, write it in the comments! I'd love to hear your guys' opinions!!❤️