Past

The next morning, Taeyong and Yuta left the hotel early to meet up with Johnny, they were going to spend the day in Chicago before performing in the evening.

After breakfast Doyoung and Mark got back to the hotel. They all decided to go out together and explore Chicago.

The boys did some shopping and sight seeing before going to get lunch.

Donghyuck was being very clingy towards everyone today, especially Mark.

At lunch, Hyuck sat between Taeil and Mark. He kept poking at both of them and he kept trying to sit on Marks lap.

In the end Mark gave up fighting Donghyuck. Hyuck was sat on Marks lap and he calmed down quickly. He just sat there playing with Marks hands and eating a little bit of something every now and then.

By the time it was time to leave Hyuck had his head resting on Marks shoulder and he was lazily joining in the conversation. Mark kept getting glances of Hyucks scar. He desperately wanted to know what it was.

When the boys left the cafe Hyuck had to move away from Mark because they both kept having the urge to hold hands but couldn't because they were in a busy city.

Instead Donghyuck ended up walking with Jungwoo.

"So how are things between you and Mark?" Jungwoo asked, genuinely wondering.

"Good I guess." hyuck said not thinking much about the situation.

"What do you mean 'I guess'?"

"I don't know, its just, I've never been in a relationship before. And it feels like, we can't really, be in one, in fear of what the fans would think" Hyuck said rambling a bit as he continued talking.

"I know, I don't get it, half the fans already ship you two. Anyways, I don't think that should really matter. If you and Mark are in love, you'll know, maybe not right away but you'll know. I remember when I figured out that I loved lucas, it was like... Well... It was like... I don't know actually, I guess you'll just know." And with that the boys walked into a shop splitting off to go to the sections they wanted to look at.

Mark followed Hyuck to a section that had vinals and cds in it. Hyuck hadn't noticed Mark till he felt a body trip and fall onto him. He looked up from the floor to see Mark Lee laying ontop of him with a shy smile as he stood up and assisted the younger.

"I guess you could say I've... You know what I'm not going to go there." Mark said, as he brushed himself off.

"why are you over here, I didn't know you liked vinals" Hyuck said, genuinely curious.

Mark rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at the floor. He wanted to ask Hyuck about his scar, but the boy was in such a good mood and Mark didn't know how he was going to react to what he was going to say?

"I do like vinals I just don't have a record player. But that's not why I'm here." Mark suddenly went shy, he wasn't sure how to bring up the topic.

"what is it?" Hyuck asked, he was scared now, why had Mark gone all shy?

"I wanted to ask... About your... Um..."

"my scar" Hyuck finished for him. Looking down at the floor. "do you really want to know?" Hyuck finished

Mark nodded, "but only if you want to tell me. Don't think I'm forcing you into anything" Mark said quickly to reassure the other.

"I-I um, have never told anyone about it" Hyuck said as he looked back at the floor.

"do you want to go somewhere a little more private?" Mark asked. Hyuck clearly wasnt comfortable talking about this so Mark wanted to do his best to make the younger feel comfortable while talking about it to him.