Smiling

The boys made their way down the street. Donghyuck was nagging Mark the whole way, trying to find out where they were going.

Mark decided to first go to an art gallery. Donghyuck and Mark both loved the idea that there were many ways to express emotion, whether it be through painting, dance, music or acting. It was a way of expressing the emotion in a way, that maybe not everyone would understand.

They wandered around the gallery till about 2 pm when Hyuck started complaining he was hungry. They headed out of the gallery and to a little bakery across the street.

The boys looked at a small menu but then decided to just get a snack.

"hi. How can I help?" the lady behind the counter said with a strikingly obvious fake smile.

"hi there, can we get... Two medium chocolate milkshakes, two large salted soft pretzels and two chocolate chip cookies please." Mark responded before looking back at Hyuck to ensure he had ordered correctly.

Mark said thank you to the lady as he took their items, handing Hyuck his pretzel and milkshake.

The boys walked along the street as they finished their drinks and cookies.

They walked around the city looking at different sites and going to different shops for a few hours. They then left to go to Marks special location.

"Mark where are we going?" Hyuck pouted as Mark tapped the side of his nose a few times, smiling at the youngers reaction. Mark thought Hyuck was cute when he pouted.

They were only a short distance away from their destination when Hyuck noticed where it was they were going. His eyes lit up as he started jumping up and down on the spot like a little kid. Mark smiled at Donghyuck.

Mark admired the boy for a moment before taking his hand in his own and almost dragging the younger behind him to their destination.

'SEOUL CITY FAIR' the large red neon-lit lights above the entrance read, glowing in the early evening sky.

Mark first took Hyuck to a pistol game just inside the entrance. On his first try, Mark lost. And again on his second try. And his third. And his seventh. Mark refused to give up because he noticed Hyuck eyeing up a blue stuffed teddy bear that was hanging from the stand.

Finally, on Marks eighth turn, he managed to win the bear. It was the same size as a normal teddy but Donghyuck seemed to find something in particular interesting about it. It reminded him of a bear he had when he was younger. After Hyuck clenched the bear to his chest he gave Mark a hug. Mark hugged Hyuck in return.

Night fell as the boys wandered around the fair. They had done lots of things including, going in the haunted house, going on the bumper carts and eating candyfloss. There was one last thing Mark wanted to go on before leaving.

The ferries wheel.

The tall circular structure towered above the rest of the attraction. The lights now beaming in the night sky.

The boys boarded the cart and sat down as the attendant placed the bar over their laps.

As they went up, they could see a lot of Seoul. The boys kept looking around at the view. Suddenly, they stopped as they reached the top. Mark looked down and notice people getting off the cart at the bottom. He then looked at Donghyuck who was a little panicky.

Hyuck was a little scared of heights. Mark took Hyuck's hand and squeezed it.

"Hyuckie.." Mark said, gaining Donghyuck's attention. "I need to tell you what I was going to say earlier," Mark said, then taking a deep breath. Donghyuck was confused. Mark didn't get nervous around him very often so it must be something big.

"I-I-I..." Hyuck looked at Mark waiting for the boy to spit it out. He could see Mark getting more and more nervous. While looking at Mark, Donghyuck noticed the city reflecting in his eyes. His hair was blowing in the soft breeze. Mark was now looking away from Donghyuck trying to figure out how to say what it was he was feeling. He turned back to Donghyuck, feeling prepared in what he was about to say.

"I think I love you. And as more than a friend. Whenever I see you, I get this feeling, in my stomach. It feels like-" Mark was suddenly cut off.

"butterflies," Hyuck said. Mark looked up from his lap and saw a massive smile on Hyuck's face.

"yeah, butterflies. And I understand that you might not feel the same way but I just needed to tell you how I felt" Mark said in a serious yet heartfelt tone.

Hyuck burst out laughing. Mark looked at him confused. Hyuck slowly stopped laughing as they met the bottom of the ride, he was ready to get out when an arm lent across him, handing the attendant money.

"one more time around please," Mark asked, a pleading smile on his face. The attendant took the money and the boys were back on their way around.

"why were you laughing?" Mark asked as soon as they were out of earshot from everyone else.

"Because, a few years ago I had a major crush in you, and I tried to tell you but, boy you were oblivious back then" Hyuck giggled. "why did you ask if we could go around again, you know I'm not a huge fan of the Ferris wheel" hyuck pouted nervously, making Mark giggle.

"you'll see" Mark grinned.

The boys reached the top and Mark pulled Hyuck in so they were inches apart.

"I love you, and I love everything about you" Mark smiled as he closed the gap between them.

Their lips now pressing into each other. The soft feeling of Hyuck's lips on his own made Mark happy. Hyuck kissed back. Mark had no idea how long Hyuck had wanted this.

The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but to the boys, it felt like an eternity.

Both boys smiled and blushed a little when they pulled away from each other.

They both smiled in silence trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Both got off the ride and looked at each other as they burst out into a fit of giggles. Mark took Hyuck's hand confidently in his own as they started walking out of the park.

Hyuck didn't bother asking Mark where they were going now. He just admired the way that Mark glowed in the street lights. Mark looked back at Hyuck and smiled as he pulled him into a small restaurant.

Hyuck looked around in awe at the room lit by fairy lights and candles. It was beautiful. The boys sat down at a table for two. They ate dinner and talked about their feelings for each other. Mark got embarrassed once or twice when Hyuck told him about how there were things he had done in the past to try and tell Mark how he was feeling but Mark had completely ignored these actions.

The boys walked home in silence, hand in hand enjoying each others company.

When the boys got back to the dorm Mark opened the door with one hand but still had Hyuck's in the other that wasn't occupied. When the two walked into the lounge Johnny was sat there alone playing video games.

He smiled when he noticed the boys hands. "so it worked out then" he said to Mark the smile broadening across his lips. Mark rolled his eyes and dragged Hyuck to the door of Hyuck's room.

Mark pecked Hyuck's cheek. "Goodnight." Mark walked to his room and got ready for bed. Leaving Donghyuck stood outside of his room, hand on his cheek.

Mark had kissed him. Twice. And he had kissed Mark. Donghyuck went into his room and got ready for bed with this on his mind the whole time.

That night was peaceful for both boys. They woke the next day to the sound of their alarms. 6 am Dance practice to prepare for going on tour. Hyuck felt a pit in his stomach when he thought of this.

---------------
Authors note,

Hey, so sorry for not updating yesterday. I had a bit of trouble writing this part as I wasn't sure if I sounded right.

Please comment anything you would like to see in the next part.

I hope you enjoyed reading this so far.

Thank you

😊👏💚