Scars

The children were running around the playground. It was sunny out, the sky was blue and clouds a fluffy white.

Hyuck sat under the chestnut tree. He was playing with the flowers, making a daisy chain, taking a break from reading his book.

He finished the daisy chain and put it in his book as a book marker.

The bell rang and everyone made their way inside. Hyuck was walking towards the entrance when he was pushed onto the floor, cutting his knee open and sending his book flying.

Another boy picked up Hyucks book then started ripping pages out.

"aw, little Hyuckie fell over. what a shame" one of the boys mocked.

"that's not true, you pushed me over. GET OFF MY BOOK!" Hyuck shouted, he was fed up of this. Everyday.

"aw, little Hyuckies crying" another bully said imitating Hyuck. He was crying now. The book had more meaning to him than anyone knew.

When the teacher came out looking for the boys, the bullies threw Hyucks book at him and ran inside. Hyuck collected all the pages of the book and placed them inside before chutching the book to his chest.

The teacher could see hyuck crying but thought nothing of it as it was a daily reoccurrence. Hyuck refused to open up to any of the teachers because he was scared that if he did then the bullys would just bully him away from school as well.

After school finished Hyuck was the first one out. He had to be. He ran, as fast as he could, trying to get away from the place,

"COME BACK LITTLE HYUCKIE, WE JUST WANT TO PLAY" the bullies shouted as they slowly caught up. Hyuck took a sharp turn and managed to loose them.

He walked the rest of the way home. He didn't want to be at home anymore than he wanted to be at school.

When Hyuck got home he opened the door to his parents fighting in the kitchen. His Mom must have come to collect her things.

Hyucks parents had just got divorced but Hyuck couldn't stay with his mom because she had to move in with her sister, so there was no room for Hyuck to move in as well.

As Hyuck slammed the door to get their attention, he earned a smile from both parents. His dad was quick to tell him to go to his room.

Donghyuck went to his room and got changed from his uniform and put another plaster on his leg. Hyuck had cuts and bruises all over him. But the one he was going to get later that evening was the worst one yet to come.

Hyuck sat in his room, doing homework, listening to music, playing video games, the normal.

At around 9pm Hyuck walked down the stairs to get food, he found his dad lying on the couch, drunk. It wasn't the first time Hyuck found his dad like this since his mom moved out.

Hyuck walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge,

"hey, buddy. Do you think you could pass me another beer?"

"dad I think you've had enough for the night"

"that's not up for you to decide. Now do as you're told."

"no"

And with that one word Hyuck regretted everything. He was just trying to help his dad.

Hyucks dad stood up from the sofa with an empty bottle tightly held in his grasp.

"pass me a beer" he said sternly.

"no dad, im trying to help you, you need to get some sleep, you need to start getting out of the house, this is not good for you" Hyuck said calmly though he was starting to regret what he said when his dad started approaching him, bottle still in hand.