27|| disrespect

||27||

Disrespect

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

Show & Tell - Melanie Martinez

Warning: violence. Like, there's eye stuff there too so disclaimer y'all.

"How long have they been down there?"

Isaac looks over to Noah, noting how the Beta sat there silently, staring at the door leading down to the interrogation chambers. The look on his face was hard to read.

Calm but raging.

It's been the longest streak of silence Noah was able to sit through. No small talk, no jokes, no teasing with Weston -who also sat beside him the entire time- absolutely nothing. Then again, in a situation as fucked as this, no one would be able to say anything light hearted. There was no room for jokes. No room for anything else.

Not when every so often the sound of shrill screaming would echo down the hall.

"Six hours."

Noah mumbles, glancing at his watch.

"-and forty-seven minutes."

Adds Weston.

"And Locksworth?"

At that, Noah's mouth tilts up the slightest bit as he turns to Isaac,

"Being a wonderful hubby, of course."

His grin turns mischievous,

"He's there supporting his wifey."

___

The faint, rhythmic sound of blood spattering should be something I'm well acquainted with. The crunching of bones and tearing of skin, the feel of hair ripping out of one's scalp should be secondary to me. The chilling pitter patter of nails falling to the ground one by one after being pulled out from the roots of someone's fingers should be familiar.

It was, after all, all part of a routine.

A standard.

The sight of liquid red filling in the crevices of the stones beneath where he sat should be something I've grown immune it.

And in truth, I was.

At least to some degree.

I had no hesitation when dealing with rogues. No second thoughts before swiping down silver into someones back. I had no issues with those like Fio or Val. Those who long before had it coming and was part of the job.