26|| karma

||26||

Karma

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

Hurts Like Hell - Madison Beer

* this was as selene and the gang went to sacred pool

* this was as selene and the gang went to sacred pool. Meaning they didn't do the blood test shit whatever the fuck yet*

She couldn't put her finger on it.

Meredith knew in an instant something was wrong.

The all-telling heat from the drop of her stomach spreading caution into the depths of her heart was something she could never ignore. Years as an Alpha taught her to always follow her instincts. They were rarely wrong.

It's what made her pick up Selene all those years ago.

Beaten down, battered, broken, betrayed, pitiful Selene clinging to the lifeless body of a small child with eyes so empty she could almost see herself reflect from those hard, glassy blues. Meredith could almost see the same desperation, sorrow, agony, pure heartbreak that she herself was subjected to after losing Kit.

But then she saw that too.

Underneath the pain and despair was that spark of unwavering determination.

Then that spark let loose into raging flames. Slowly spreading, Meredith watched the broken young girl's heart grow stone cold with nothing but vengeance fueling her will for survival. She watched the naive, dewy-eyed blonde get consumed with her own guilt and anguish. She watched as the young female held onto anger.

The same anger and will that drove Meredith to where she was today.

It was then that Meredith decided she wouldn't host a competition for her Alpha seat. It was then that Meredith knew she found her future Alpha.

Blinking away her nostalgia, Meredith hummed to herself and leaned into the chair sitting up at the patio. The sudden buzzing of her phone caught her attention. With a glance to her side, she read Isaac's name across the screen.

She pursed her lips. That sick, nagging feeling of something wrong tugging at her core.

Perhaps she should visit Selene.

_____

They say you should never let anger control you. That you should forgive and forget with time. That Karma would eventually come around and find those who wrong you. That living with the weight of hatred on your shoulders was not a life to live. That it will only weigh you down. That you should be the bigger person and 'let it go'.

It's so easy to say those things.

So easy to claim you would.

But what if it doesn't?