«sweetie»

Annie
Johnny drove back to school and I finally let my hair down. Literally, I took my hair out from it's bun and let it cascade down my shoulder.

Dinner felt like it was going on for an eternity and I was grateful that John pulled us out of there early. What really struck me was that his free hand was still holding mine.

He always did things so casually that I never really knew what to expect. Johnny put the car in reverse as he backed into his parking space and parked his Jeep.

After turning off the car, he turned to face me and said in a soft voice "Hey, we didn't have dessert just now. You wanna go to my room and get some. I bought brownies and ice cream yesterday."

He knew me so well.

"Sure sweetie." I say throwing my head back in laughter as he rolled his eyes at my sarcasm.
...
Johnny
We sat facing each other on the couch as we ate the salted dark chocolate brownies I got from Tilly's grocers.

It tasted heavenly and I loved it so much. But not as much as I liked the view in front of me.

"So tell me more about yourself..." Annie said casually as she licked her spoon.

"What do ya wanna know?" I asked.

"I dunno, any hobbies or interests? Or are you just too boring for that." She added playfully.

"Ouch, I'm hurt. Well if you must know, I'm actually really into boxing now."

"But not as a career obviously. Just to release some stress and get fit."

"That makes sense, you're really living up to the bad boy SOP. (standard of procedure)" she said with a smile.

I shook my head and put down my now empty plate on the coffee table "Why do you always insist on calling me a 'bad boy'?"

"I mean, you have girls vying for your heart left and right. You're rich, you only hang out with some of the guys in the Elite's and generally a recluse."

"Yea but that doesn't mean I break laws or rebel. It means that I'm just quiet and choose who I hang around." I say adamantly although I couldn't tell who I was convicing.

"That's mostly every guy, but people talk and you don't see them calling just anyone rebellious."

She paused for awhile before continuing "well I guess that's up to you to find out for yourself why you're labelled a 'bad boy' and maybe you'll realise something you never noticed before."

I stay quiet as I digest her words. Suddenly, the thumb drive in my pocket seemed to weigh a lot more.

Annie
Johnny thought I was oblivious but I liked him and I always stayed updated about those I cared about.

It's easier to move on if you already expected it.
...
New chapter who dis?