1. epilogue

Annie 
The next few months could only be described as a rollercoaster of emotions. At first, I was at an all time low, I would barely speak and do anything as I processed all that had and was happening.

From the family lawyer, Paige heard that there was substantial evidence from an anonymous tip that Billy and Katie was involved in a scheme where the Leblanc's had bribed someone in order to gain a piece of land to start the new project.

As they were in collaboration, they had cut corners on some of the construction of the apartment building. Thankfully, the project wasn't given a chance to be completed before they were arrested. 

After a few weeks passed  and their hearings were scheduled, I slowly began to accept the fact that this was all happening. Losing Caleb took a toll on the family and this what my parents became, power and money hungry individuals who stopped at nothing to fulfil their need to fill the empty hole that Caleb left in their hearts. 

By the time the hearings came around, Paige had gotten temporary custody of us for the time being. I did not attend any of the hearings as they say that ignorance is bliss. And blissful I was as I decided to be a normal teenage girl and sit for my finals. 

I somehow passed my finals with flying colours just like how I ignored Johnny every time I caught of glimpse of him. I never gave him a chance to explain and eventually he stopped trying.   The whole debacle left me without trust in anything, I even distanced myself from my friends. Not like they noticed because I have been drifting away from them for quite some time.

Life was strangely so much simpler after the scandal. Sure, there were the occasional whispers in  the hallways or the nosy reporters but after awhile every thing died down. People moved on to the feed on the next big scandal and I simply existed. This gave me time to settle down and really find myself again.

Months later, my parents were pronounced guilty along with the Orlando's. Their assets were liquidated and they were put into jail for a very long time. As for me and my sister, Paige obtained full custody of us and we are currently having winter break at her house in LA. 

...
Part 1. Of the epilogue!