«and I oop»

Annie
After a few weeks, news of our engagement spread in school and around the world. We were the unlikeliest of high school sweethearts. Two completely contrasting characters that fell in "love". Jayden and Indiana were kind of mad that they didn't get updated but they calmed down once I told them the fake truth?

The engagement party was happening tonight and I was at the venue choosing a dress from the ones Steph picked out.

I had Indiana and Jayden with me as I was trying on dresses. As usual, I was very indecisive about what to wear and they weren't helping either. All they could do was gush about how they knew that I was "destined" to be with Johnny from the start.

Eventually, I found the dress for me. It was casual but classy, and unconventionally black with silver detailing on it. I loved it because it wasn't typical.

...
It was almost time for the party when everyone left me alone to get ready themselves. Staring at the mirror, I thought back to all that had happened. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be engaged so young, better yet to Johnny.

For a moment, I second guessed everything. Did I trust Johnny too quickly? Was I ready for this step? Were we even a real couple at this point? As the thoughts plague my mind, Johnny walked in the waiting room. He was wearing a grey collared shirt and black dress pants. 

Johnny
Annie looked positively stunning. 

"John! You look good." she said as she reached over to touch my cheeks.

"A-annie." I choked out as she neared me. Feelings of guilt rose up at her radiant and trusting face and I took a step back. 

"John, are you okay?" she whispered softly as if saying it any louder might cause everything to break.

I had already gone so far and nothing could stop what I had  done. In a few hours, her world might actually be broken. I needed to tell her before she heard it from someone else. 

"Anns, before we see everyone I need to confess something."

Her expression morphed into one of confusion and bewilderment. "What do you mean?"

At that point, we heard the sound of sirens becoming louder as it stopped right in front of the mansion we were holding ou r engagement party in. Annie struggled to form word and she instinctively ran down the stairs into the hall where it was commotion. I caught up with her just as she reached the entrance.

There were black FBI cars surrounding the gate as an agent walked up to our parents who were just as confused. "Mr and Mrs Orlando, Leblanc. You are under arrest for charges of bribery and extortion. Anything you say our do can be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, kindly follow our agents."

"What is the meaning of this?! You cannot simply barge into private property like this!" Mr Leblanc said furiously.

"This arrest warrant right here claims that I can. Please do not make this harder than it has to be." the agent said while his colleagues forcefully guided them into the SUV.

"Mom, dad?! What's going on?!" cried a distressed Annie beside m

Mr Leblanc shouted loudly as he walked into the SUV "Don't worry honey! Everything's gonna be alright." 

Annie continued to push through the crowd as she tried to reach the SUV in time to stop them. 

Annie
It was like my body was on auto pilot as I shoved my way through the crowd. The crowd was in shock just like I was. What did they mean by acts of extortion? Bribery? I know that my parents changed after Caleb died but they would never do those things. It had to be a lie. Just another PR stunt maybe?

I arrived just in time to be greeted by a cloud of dust. The SUV was speeding out of the grounds as I sank into the ground, sobbing relentlessly. Johnny appeared next to me and started talking to me but I couldn't even hear what he was saying. My emotions made me deaf to my surroundings. What went wrong? Was that what Johnny wanted to tell me before this? Did he have a hand in this? Was that why he was so suspicious these few days? I had to be wrong.

I snapped back into reality and pushed Johnny away from me. "Please tell me you had nothing to do with my parents getting arrested. Please tell me you didn't know anything about this." I say through gritted teeth. 

His torn expression said it all. 

"Annie, I wanted to tell you but I couldn't destroy the image you had of your parents." 

"What happened to doing this together?! I thought you trusted me." I cried. 

My cousin Paige, ran up and helped me up. "Not in front of everyone." She whispered and she led me away. Helplessly, I let her pull me away and eventually, Johnny's figure gets lost in the crowd. 

...
And I oop

The next chapter will be the epilogue. I know this chapter is super crazy but if you've read my previous books. I tend to go with crazy endings. 

Comment what you think will happen in the epilogue.

Will Johnny get redemption?

How will the drama be resolved?

Will johannie get a happy ending?