«extravagance»

Chapter 13 - still

Annie
I could feel my heart beating through my chest as we rode to the fundraiser. Even though I've been to many of these balls, I've never seemed to be able to get used to it.

This whole charade was utterly pointless. From the extravagant decorations to the expensive food it was all so pretentious. Simply a way for the rich to dress up and show off their wealth. I'm pretty sure half of them don't even know what the fundraiser is about.

Noticing my discomfort, Johnny gave me a concerned look. Worry etched on his face.

I shook my head lightly to tell him that I was fine and thankfully he didn't question me.

Our limousine got to the mansion and we got out of it. Johnny held my hand in his as we ascended the beautiful marble steps into the hall.

After we passed by security we walked into the well lit hall. Well of course it's well lit, it has a chandelier hanging right in the middle of the beautifully sculpted wall.

Johnny
As soon as we walk in, I see my parents walking toward us.

"Well hello my darlings, you both look really dashing tonight! She really knows how to dress up." mom gushed enthusiastically.

"Yea, just remember to be on your best behaviour tonight." Dad said while already leading mom away.

I have the best parents in the world.

Annie smiled politely and continued looking around. I watched as she absorbed all that was around her.

Several people came up to us and pretty soon word passed around that we were a "thing".

The night continued on and when Lacrimosa by Mozart aired, I decided to steal Annie away for a dance.

Annie
Johnny swept me off to the dance floor and I found myself admiring him.

He carried himself with such confidence and dignity all the time. Barely caring about what anyone said about him.

His blond hair seemed as if they were glistening in the light as he spun me around. This moment was so enchanting and I wondered if we could stay like this forever. Free of worries and responsibilities.

As soon as it started, the song ended and I spotted my parents walking towards us with a cheeky smile.

"Oh honey! You were fabulous out there! I really thought you were actually a dancer for once!"

Oof.

They continued gushing on and on to Johnny while he politely smiled.

It was hilarious.

Before leaving, mom leaned close towards me and whispered "Hayley's in the kids room alright?"

We love my amazing parents who can't seem to care for a child even though that's literally their sole purpose.
...
O

of she's back what?!

Heh. Whoops, well I hope u enjoyed this chapter!