«dates»

Annie
After the long, exhausting day of school I hurriedly walked to my locker to get rid of the heavy burden on my hands.

As I deposited my books, Johnny casually leaned next to my locker and gave me that warm smile.

"How was your day?"

"All I want to do is take a nap and think about nothing. In the wise words of Winnie the Pooh 'they say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday.' I honestly aspire to be like that cute and cuddly fluffy ball of fur!" I ranted frustratedly.

Johnny chuckled and wrapped me in a comforting hug.

"That's too bad, I was actually thinking of taking you on a actual date tonight."

And that is how we ended up on the Manhattan bridge, legs dangled carelessly towards the edge after a wholesome meal at a nearby diner.

Johnny
I never felt bad about doing things like this. Outwardly I was as calm as the ocean beneath us but inwardly, I was haywire. My emotions everywhere as Annie sat next to me.

I took a deep breath and a leap of faith.

"Hey Anns, since you kind of know about our pre planned engagement, I think we should see your parents to talk about it..."

Annie turned to look at me and unsurely said "what? Talk as in?"

"Hear me out okay, if we pretend to be okay with the marriage and ask our parents to let us extend our engagement, we can eventually figure out how to break it."

"That's not bad, but what if things go south?" Annie said her eyes filled with worry.

"I mean, they'll still have to let us at least finish high school before they make us get married, which is in a semester. So if things go south we still have a little bit of time to figure this out."

"Don't worry, I won't let anything bad happen to you." I said comfortingly.

Annie sighed and closed her eyes, before resting her head on my chest and letting out a soft okay.

As soon as she rested her head on my chest my heart started racing and I didn't know why. It was yet another spell that Annie managed to put me under and I would fall for it any day. I guess my emotions were really haywire tonight.