Chapter 52

Loki was annoyed when he found out that Thor was planning on staying at Gibbs' house. He knew his brother was going to tease him about that whole thing with Bishop, he could see it in his expression.

The god of thunder looked miffed when Loki beat him to the front seat, but obligingly climbed into the back as Gibbs started up the engine.

Gibbs didn't say anything for the entire ride home, which Loki wasn't sure whether to interpret that as good or not. With DiNozzo's reminder about Rule 12, Loki didn't know if Gibbs was going to chew him out for the whole lost kiss scenario. But Gibbs didn't say anything, and neither did Thor, though when Loki glanced back at his brother and noticed the smirk on his face, he knew Thor was certainly planning on it.

The two Asgardians pitched in helping Gibbs prepare dinner and clean up from it, Gibbs disappearing into the basement as soon as the last dish was wiped clean with orders for the two of them not to follow him. With a pit in his stomach, Loki walked out into the living room and sank down onto the L-shaped couch, Thor sitting on the longer branch.

There was silence before Thor stood up and began fiddling with the television set, flicking the screen on and settling back with the remote.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked, furrowing his brow.

"Turning on the television," Thor said curtly, eyes narrowed as he examined the remote before clicking a button, bringing up a directory of available channels.

"You don't know how to do that," Loki protested, moving forward in his seat.

"Stark showed me," Thor answered, flicking through the channels.

There was silence for another moment as Thor ran through all of the channels and began to look through them again. "What are you looking for?" Loki asked.

"I don't know," Thor replied. "Stark hasn't gotten to that part yet."

Loki snorted as Thor turned off the television, tossing the remote onto the coffee table, and turned to look at him. Loki tensed, knowing the teasing was about to start.

"So," Thor said, eyes sparkling with humor. "DiNozzo tells me you and Bishop are getting along quite nicely now."

"We are not," Loki retorted. "I told you, she hates me."

"That's not what DiNozzo says," Thor responded, not to be swayed. "He gave me quite a lot of details about the two of you."

"There's nothing to tell," Loki insisted, crossing his arms. "I assure you."

"DiNozzo says otherwise," Thor said. "He tells me you and Bishop disappeared up onto the roof while in the middle of an investigation."

"We were investigating the roof," Loki said.

"I was shown the footage," Thor shot back. "It didn't look very much like investigating. Oh, and then there was the time she gave you that hug, in the squad room."

"I had been in danger of dying," Loki retorted. "Just because she hates me doesn't mean she wants me dead."

"Is that so?" Thor inquired, still grinning. "DiNozzo said you got very upset with him when he began to chant...oh, what did he say the words were....Oh, I remember them now." The god of thunder took a deep breath and launched into that very annoying chant. "Loki and Bishop, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in the baby carriage."

Loki glowered at Thor as his brother laughed until he was out of breath. When he noticed Loki's glare, he threw up his hands. "Oh, come on, Loki. Admit it. You love Eleanor Bishop."