CH 16

Judith's POV

"So... What are we making?" I call out as I walk into the kitchen. I see Jess changed into a black wife beater and red board shorts and black ankle socks. She looks comfortable.

"I was thinking shrimp and scallop scampi for us. For Dame, breaded chicken breasts and potato wedges. Any objections?" Jess said all of this with her back to me.

"Sounds great. I should let you know, I'm not as good of an helper as Dame." Jess turns around.

"It will be fine. I'll be next to you the whole time. Plus I started most of it." Jess winks at me.

"What can I do?"

"You can toast some bread to make the coating for the chicken. When you're done, crush the bread. Sounds good?" I just nod and start on my task. Jess puts music on as we cook. I lose myself in Norah Jones. I sing along to Don't Know Why quickly finishing my task.

"Done. What next?" Jess pulls a cutting board out and slides it in front of me. Next, she rolls several potatoes beside the cutting board.

"Can you handle peeling and slicing potatoes?"

"Sign me up, Chef." I salute Jess. A faint blush covers Jess's cheeks.

I pick up a peeler and start on a potato. Its a lot harder to do than I thought. Peeling potatoes holds my complete attention until Ex Factor by Lauryn Hill comes on. I get so into singing that I cut my finger in the peeler.

"Shit!" I rush to the sink and run the tap on my hand.

"I thought you said you could handle the potatoes." Jess smirks as she hands me a paper towel.

"Well that was before Lauryn started singing." Jess shakes her head at me.

"I feel like the only time we spend is me patching you up." Jess pulls out a first aid kit from below the sink.

"Yea or you steal kisses from me."

'Oh shit. Did I say that out loud?'

Jess guffaws.

"Yes and that too. So, you like when I kiss you?" I know my cheeks are red and I can feel my ears burning. I forget about my injured digit when Jess kisses me. She smiles into the kiss which makes me smile too.

This kiss our third is as sweet as all the rest. She pulls back slowly until just our foreheads touch.

"You're adorable. I love kissing you too." Jess whispers. I initiate the next kiss.

It's more passionate. Jess awakens a part of me that I've never known. She makes me feel cherished and makes me want more. I detach our lips.

"I wanna stay with you tonight."