CH 6

Keith's POV

I don't know who that bitch thinks she is but I'll show her who I am. First, she has the nerve divorce me. Then, she files a restraining order against me. Dumb bitch! I am the law. She can run for now but I'll find her. I'll always find her. When I find her, I'll kill her and save my son.

No way will I let her turn my son against me. He's mine!

Jude won't be using her cards or reach out to anyone. She's pretty battered so she won't be out much. I'll check all the local hospitals, clinics, and urgent care facilities. I pull out my phone and call my PI.

"Smitty."

"It's Keith. I need you to check all medical facilities in the county for a Jane Doe. Mid to late 20's, about 5'6" accompanied by a small boy. The child looked to be four or five years old."

"Jane Doe, huh? Still hunting your ex-wife?"

"Don't think, Smit. You'll only hurt yourself." I hear his wheezing laughter as he hangs up on me.

"Son of a bitch!" This is the last time I'm chasing her.

'Where else could they be? I think I'll put an all points bulletin on her car. it's worth a try.'

Jess's POV

'It feels so right to hold her. I can't believe she kissed me. It was on the cheek but still.'

"You should eat. I'll be right back." I unwrap my arms from her. I peek my head in the living room. It doesn't look like Damien heard our screaming match.

"Hey, champ! You alright in here?" He just nods without looking away from the tv.

'He's so innocent. I hope he stays this way.'

I quickly jog up the stairs. I get a wash cloth and the makeshift first aid kit. I sprint back to the kitchen.

"Whenever you're done eating, Im gonna tend to your battle scars. Hopefully, I see a lot of skin." I say this last bit while wiggling my eyebrows. I want to get rid of the awkwardness after the fight and because I like her.

Judith blushes before shaking her head at me.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For your generosity, hospitality, and everything."

"No worries. It's my pleasure to help a damsel in distress."  I let Judith finish her meal. I set up my doc in a box kit in the bathroom off the kitchen. Its as big as the guest bathrooms upstairs. There is a double vanity on one wall, a water closet for the toilet, a massive steam shower with all amenities, and a big farm sink because I wanted one.

"Follow me, love." Judith follows me and her jaw drops.

"Yea, I know. I designed it myself. Come sit on the vanity so i can clean you up."  Without hesitation, she jumps on the counter.  She hesitantly takes off her shirt.

'Damn! Her stomach is so flat and sexy. Her boobs encased in her bra look like perky mountain peaks.'

"Jess? You still with me?" I shake my geaf to get out of my stupor and begin to clean her. The bruises on her chest look alright considering that her rib cage looks like its inflamed.

"Jesus Christ! I'm gonna kill the bastard!"

"Nothing's broken. They just hurt really really bad."

"I bet. I'm done here. How bout you lie on the couch and ice your ribs?"

"That sounds good." I help Judith off the counter. I'm amazed she hopped on. I get a couple ice packs and lead her to massive couch.

"There you go. Dame, keep Mama company. I've got some errands to run."

"Where are you going?" Judith fearfully asks.

"Just grocery shopping. Any requests?" Judith shakes her head but I can still sense that she's afraid.

"I'll be back soon enough. Here's the house phone. My cell is the 2nd speed dial." With that being siad, I skip up the steps and get dressed. I pull on some black skinny jeans and slip on my Doc Martens. I put on plain white t-shirt and I'm out the door.

Keith's POV

"Grady speaking. You found my missing vehicle. Its at a grocery store in Woodbridge. Thanks."

'Gotcha!'