CH 15

Jess's POV

'Why is it that every time I come home Judith is asleep?'

This time Dame is also asleep. He's curled at his mother's feet. The forgotten t.v. projector plays the credits of some movie. I gently pick Dame up and put him in the top bunk. I tuck him in and place a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"I love you, kid. You and your Mama."

I check on Judith next. It's a shame that she only looks peaceful in her sleep. All the worry wrinkles fade and she looks at lot younger. I hate to wake her but I know we have to. We've got to clean the air about everything especially the feelings she and Dame invoke in me.

"Wake up, love." I gently shake her shoulder. Judith doesn't even budge.

'She must be a heavy sleeper. Or exhausted. Maybe I should try the Sleeping Beauty wake up call.'

I wet my lips in anticipation. I've been craving her lips since our last kiss. I lean in and softly kiss her lips. I pull back to see if she's up. Nope, still sleeping.

Fine. I lean again this time kissing her neck. I stop at the hollow of her throat and look up at her face. Still asleep but she's all fidgety.

'Almost there.'

I gently run my hand through her hair. I suck at the hollow of her throat. My first indicator that Judith is up is her increase pulse on her throat. Next, her hand holds me to her neck and her breathing increases.

I gingerly untangle myself from her.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty. You wanna help me cook dinner?" Judith stretches and her shirt rides up to reveal a flat stomach with a few stretch marks. Easily the most attractive stomach I have ever seen.

"Yea. Gimme a min." I back off and leave the room.

Judith's POV

I walk into the bathroom when I hear the bedroom door close. I go straight to the sink and splash cold water all over my face.

'Lord! That's gotta be the best way to wake up. Fuck Folgers.'

I look at my reflection. I don't see a scared battered woman anymore; I see a sexually frustrated young woman. As I walk to the kitchen, I think to myself.

'Maybe normal isn't what I need. Maybe I just need Jess. Would that be so bad?'