CH 10

Keith's POV

I make my way to the station.

"Grady, come here! This genius tried to resist arrest. Felton made him rethink his decision."

'Hahaha. This should be good.'

I walk over to Benjamin's desk and watch the dashboard video of Officer Felton beating a criminal.

"What was the call for?"

"A simple drunk and disorderly but dumbass started popping off at the mouth. An example had to be made of him."

"He must have pissed drunk because Felton's a big motherfucker." Felton is like The Rock's albuno sociopathic little brother. No one fucks with him. I shake my head and sit at my desk.

'Time to run the partial plate on the mystery woman's car.' I boot up my computer and bring the program up. The car looked like a early 2000s black Honda civic with partial plate ending in XT6. Damn the system! It takes forever but it brings back results of 20 vehicles. I start to weed out the ones owned by men. I'm down to eight. I cross check the remaining owners with Department of Motor vehicle records so I can match names and faces.

'I see you!'

Only one redhead in the bunch. A JM Rikards owns the vehicle.

'She's not hot. She's fucking gorgeous.'

I quickly print her picture and DMV photo.

"Who used the printer?" Detective Benjamin shouts.

"I did. What about it?" I challenge him.

"Is she a suspect? Do you even know who she is?"

"Is that important?"

"Dude. She's Jessica Rickards the millionaire inventor of the tangle free earbuds."

"No kidding." I dryly reply.

'Holy shit! This could be a game changer. I better speak to Rikards ASAP.'

"I've got to go." I pull out my phone and dial Smit's familar number.

"Hey Smit. I have a new development. Jude may have help from a Jessica Rikards."

"Hello to you too. And the millionaire Rikards?"

"Yes her. Look up everything you can."

"Hahahahahaha. It looks like Judith traded up." Once again, the bastard gets the last word. I look at the dash and it reads 2:13 A.M.

'Too early for a house call but just right for a booty call.'

I dial my favorite snitch and tell her to meet at our usual spot.

'First pleasure then business.'