The Finale

First and foremost this chapter is dedicated to the person who is the most dedicated to this particular story. Thank you for reading and voting. I appreciate it more than you know. Thanks for support from start to finish. I appreciate it.

Andrej's POV

"Only you would get married so soon." I say shaking my head. Jess has the sharpest white tuxedo I've ever seen on. She looks beautiful and more important she's happy. All the unpleasantness with Keith didn't keep her from wanting to marry Judith. I'm so honored to be her best man and pleased that Judith made Wes her "man of honor." Even Dame has a role; he's the ring bearer.

"How's a month soon?" Jess asks as she checks herself out in the mirror.

"Any person who commits to anything after a month is crazy." I lean down over Jess.

"Yup, crazy in love. Besides, you love them as much as I do." Jess says locking eyes with me in the mirror.

"Too true. You, my friend, got very lucky in more ways than one. If there's anything you need, I do mean anything, please tell me. I'd do anything for you and your family." I swear.

"Our family, Andrej. They're our family."

"True. I'm gonna check on the blushing bride. See you at the altar, bridegroom." I chortle as Jess chucks her hairbrush at me. It harmlessly bounces off my back as I leave the room. I walk out of Jess's wing and into Judith's wing of disaster. Women are frantically making last minute preperations. The flower girl is getting her dress altered again. The wedding planner is screaming into her mic about flowers, entrances, and something being unacceptable. The only calm in the whole area is the ring bearer, Dame.

"What's up Dame?"

"Chaos, Uncle Dre. Are girls always so much?"

"So much what?"

"Just everything."

"Yes they are, little man. But someday you'll find the one girl who's worth everything and you'll happily do "much" for her."

"If that's true, where's your girl?"

"I haven't met her yet; I will when the time is right. But right now, I'm gonna see one of my favorite girls. How's she doin in there?"

"She's a little like out here. Uncle Dre to the rescue?"

"Of course, bud." I twist the knob slowly expecting the worst: objects flying around the room, maybe a missing bride, or a torn dress. Instead I see a fully dressed Judith staring aimlessly out the window.

'Seems like Dame may have exaggerated.'

"Hey beautiful. How you feelin about this joyous day? Excited?" No answer, no change whatsoever. I walk behind Judith moving slowly and put my hands on her exposed shoulders.

"Judith?" She blinks fast and jumps slightly at my presence.

"My god! Andrej! You can't just go creeping in rooms and scaring people!"

"I didn't. I announced myself but you were off in La La Land. You ok?"

"Just nervous. I mean I've been married before. Rationally I know I'm marrying Jess and she's different from Keith but I'm not thinking rationally. I'm thinking that I may be trapping myself just like I did before. I can't afford to keep making the same mistakes."

"I understand your fears, love. But what about Dame or Jess? You need a family; Dame needs a family. Jess and I love you both. You're already family. This is just a formality."

"I know. I feel the same way. I'm being silly, aren't I?"

"No, not at all. You're being cautious and smart. Now let's get you ready to join our family, gorgeous." I wrap her in a warm embrace. We hear the bridal march. After one more squeeze, I escort Judith out of her wing and out the house to the beach with Dame in front.