CH 13

Judith's POV

"You own an island?"

"Not really. I own a majority of land on a small island in the Atlantic Ocean." Jess nonchalantly mentions as we zip over said ocean in her private jet. A private jet that is modeled after Air Force One. You know Air Force One? The President of the United States of America's personal plane.

Dame is beyond excited; I'm so glad he isn't aware of the situation. His eyes are glued to the flat screen tv and Xbox game he's playing.

Jess is sitting next to him showing how to play the game and sort of answering my questions.

"And how does one sort of own an island?"

"I told you I don't own it. I own a big property. The natives and I worked out a deal in which I can hide out on the island as long as I benefit the community in some way. So, I funded a couple of schools, hospitals, and such for them. Our relationship is symbiotic."

"How were we able to fly out without passports?"

"Technically, we're not leaving the US. No passport is needed to come to La Isla Bonita." I wish I could be as calm as Jess. It's been two hours since we left Jess's house and got on this private jet to head to this "supposed" beautiful island.

'Everything is too much!'

Jess grabs my hand and rubs my knuckles with her thumb.

"I promised I wouldn't let Keith get you or Damien. This only works if you trust me. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you. It grows more and more every hour." I turn and quickly peck Jess's lips. That wasn't enough for her. She pulls my lips with hers and sucks on my bottom lip. Her hand plays with the hair on the back of my neck.

"Thank you for trusting me." Jess whispers against my lips.

'Thanks for being trustworthy.'

Keith's POV

"What do you mean she isn't home?" The devious bitch has split.

"I mean she isn't in the house. I would think that was pretty obvious."

'Of course the bitch has a bull dog for a guard. He's no softie like the day guard.'

"Do you really think it's smart to mouth off to a police Detective?" The bastard smirks before answering.

"I've never been accused of being smart, Detective. As I mentioned before Ms. Rikards is on a business trip and is on reachable for the time being."

"When will she be back, idiot?"

"Close but my name is Ian. She'll be back when she gets back. Till then you can fuck off this private property unless you have a warrant?"

"I'll be back and that smarmy, superior smirk will be off your face. Both you and your boss will have so many charges that you'll be begging me for mercy." I turn and walk away. For once, I have the last word.

"I don't know how to beg, Detective."

'Son of a bitch!'