Chapter 11

Deku

Coco~chan passed out probably by the adrenaline rush from the fall. Kacchan yelled to Iida~chan that we were okay and staff rushed to the scene to put Coco~chan on a stretcher. All Might came up to me and Kacchan before giving my arm a funny look. I tilted my head in confusion before facing his familar and stared into those blue eyes for a moment before I felt the connection stick. It's always faster to make a connection if I've already done it once.

"We're connected again! Hello One for All!! I have to thank you again for helping me with the crowd on the first day, if you didn't pick up my connection, I think I would've gotten lost! Anyway, would you mind telling me about why Toshi~sensei looked at my arm funny? He's looking at it as if I broke it until it was purple or something."

"He was looking at your arm band. We noticed how it was a dull gold when we first met you. I noticed myself that there was one particular leaf and a single eighth of another, that was shining gold. Now that my partner has taken a good look at you, he has seen that you have the one shining gold leaf and the leaf next to it now has two of it's eight parts shining. Can you tell me perhaps why?"

I look down and I realized it was true. The leaves were near the back of my arm so I had to twist my arm in order to see it properly. What has gone from nine to ten in the past day?

I muttered to myself for a bit before feeling a warmth radiate from my shoulder. I look over to see Kacchan with a hand on my shoulder with a look that meant that I've been muttering for a least a minute. He then gave me a small smile as if to say that I can carry on. I smiled back before facing One for All again.
"I think it's the number of familiars I've spoken too. Before yesterday, I've only ever spoken to 9 familiars, they are called : Attract, Explosion, Decay, Cremation, Transform, Gecko, Double, Compress and you, One for All. This is in the order I've met them. And then the only other familiar I've spoken to since is Zero Gravity."

(It's hard to tell but one leaf isn't shaded in

(It's hard to tell but one leaf isn't shaded in. The leaf next to that has the base two parts not shaded too. And yes, one of the parts has stars ✨ on them. There is a reason that is there)

"Could you maybe talk to another familiar to test your theory out?"

I nodded, "would you mind taking me up to Iida~chan then?"

"It would be my pleasure Midoriya"

"Please call me Deku, I know only Kacchan can call me that but I want familiars to call me that too"

"Of course Deku, now hold on"

I stretched my arms out as One for All used his two smallest pair of wings to wrap around my body like when we first met before flying through the hole Coco~chan fell into. Three floors later and I was met with a slightly shocked Iida~chan with his familiar, Engine who is an Arion.

I kept up the connection with One for All as I opened a connection with Engine by staring into his eyes for about 5 seconds.

"Hello Engine, I just wanted to say hi."

"Good afternoon Engine, as you may know, I'm One for All"

One for All and I waited patiently for Engine to reply. I wasn't worried, after all, familiars not only hardly ever speak to other familiars, but this familiar was talking to a human for the first time too.

A/n, I'll just make it clear before it gets confusing, familiars and humans have never made actual conversation before, they don't know how. Familiars and other familiars can speak to each other under certain conditions. The humans are either soul mates, lovers, really close (great friends) or in contact eg, a hug. Engine is in deep shock because he is not only speaking to a human but to One for All who his human admires but admiration doesn't make connections.

"Ehem, how do you do. This is quite extraordinary I must say, since there seems to be two miracles at work here. I'm very honored. What is your question?

I gave him a weird look. Do all pure bred familiars talk like this? I know that Iida~chan came from a well known school but still! Isn't there two other kids who not only came from rich families but have powerful familiars. And this one sparkly boy who spoke some French!

"No need to be formal Engine! We are now friends so you can talk to me whenever you want. Plus, my favor has already been completely since you answered me."

"I agree and your help is very much appreciated. Our test turned out positive. And if things go well, we familiars may be able to talk more frequently all because of Deku here."

"Yes, please call me Deku and we are all friends from now on okay? I'll talk to you later Engine! We need to report the news"

"I am glad to be of servi-HELPFUL to you, please do come for a ch-TO CHILL. It's very quiet and I would very much apprecia-LOVE THE COMPANY."

We all stood there in silence for a moment before laughing until our sides hurt. He was trying to hard to be informal!

"Anytime Engine, you are a great guy"

And with that, One for All descended me down the floors again to see Toshi~sensei's slightly more composed face and Kacchan smirking. I landed gently and checked my arm band. Sure enough, another eighth of a leaf was now shining gold.

I jumped in excitement wondering both why this was happening and what could happen.

I looked over at both Toshi~sensei and Kacchan before realizing that I should probably tell the principal too. I quickly said a quick bye bye to One for All before cutting all connections from me and the familiars before grabbing both people in front of me and proceeded to drag them to the head teacher's office.

There were so many possibilities in my head. I need to do lots of tests too. I have a feeling I should ask before I do this or else people may start to panic. I mean... Why wouldn't they if their familiar started walking away from them? Even Toshi~sensei panicked at first. He thinks no one noticed but I did, from the arms of his familiar. And it was very funny :3