Chapter 4

Tomura

I sat on the floor for about 5 minutes, looking around I saw that the room was not too big nor too small. The walls were in different shades of green and blue, the ceiling was covered in streaks of blue and purple and the light was a soft yellow. Curtains of pink and blue hung over windows that were boarded with varnished brown boards.
Framed photos of Izuku were everywhere and hung in random angles. A small fireplace was to my right, blazing pleasantly. A low table had fruits in a glass on the center and underneath I saw the first aid kit.
I pulled it out and looked inside slowly just as izuku's mum popped her head through the door.

"I got the water, now let me tend to those cuts of yours."

She hurried over with a small pan of water and she knelt down by me, she dressed my cuts quickly and soon after I had plasters all over me. Was she seriously not afraid of me? Decay was still near me with his hands not touching anything, but he's still a Grim Reaper.

"If you are wondering why I'm not scared of you, it's because I don't feel and hatred or any intent to harm from you. Plus my husband had a pretty fierce familiar too. I'm Inko by the way, my familiar...is a Selkie...."

A Selkie? My eyes widened when I realized what she said, any female with a Selkie familiar is doomed to have a horrible life since they all long to be in the sea. Inko has a child meaning her fate was sealed when her familiar's skin was stolen. She must've fallen in love with the theif and had no way to return where she came from and eventually became their housewife. I looked around and saw a thin figure behind Inko, gently lifting up small objects and floating them about the place.

"She doesn't have a name, her ability is Attraction of Small Objects so Izuku and I call her Attract." Inko's eyes softened as she looked at me.

"Izuku's father died when he was born and he gave me back my skin, I was going to return to the sea but I have a child now. Izuku doesn't have a familiar and I don't think he ever will. His father was a strong man who's familiar was a Chimera called Fire Breath. We were too opposite in familiars yet we were still able to have a child. But Izuku doesn't have a familiar and yet, I can see both familiars in him. He's so talkative that when he talks, it's like there's three heads blabbering on at one, maybe even more, and he has the looks of my Selkie. I think maybe instead of a familiar, he almost became one. He also often sits there gazing into the nothingness as well having a thin frame. But despite that, he's actually pretty strong and it seems that he isn't affected by anything. Oh I'm sorry, it's a nervous habit of ours to mutter a lot. It's even worse for Izuku since it's hard to stop him once he starts. Izuku! Are the snacks done yet? "

A gasp came from the kitchen and the boy quickly ran in with a tray of fresh cookies and glasses of juice.

" Sorry for the wait, I was daydreamimg again." Izuku sighed and looked again into the nothingness before shaking his forest green hair and smiled at me.

"Can I call you Tomo~chan? Help yourself to the cookies, I made them myself."

I gingerly picked up one of the cookies and took a bite, it was really good. I started eating them and the tray was slowly emptying as my hunger caught up to me. After a couple of minutes, I noticed that Decay was no longer hovering behind me but instead on the floor with Izuku in its lap. They were both smiling and Izuku was...making a glove?

I watched as the two silently sat and smiled at each other every once in a while. Izuku then finished the glove thing and I saw that it was a fingerless glove...with one finger? I watched in confusion as the boy slowly reached out to the Decay's bow outstretched hand and I panicked. I jumped up started to run over before abruptly stopping. Decay was wearing the glove...and touching Izuku...and nothing was disintegrating...

I sat back down and looked over at Inko who didn't look surprised in the least, she looked at my bewildered face and said,

"And the last reason why I think he may be one with a familiar is because he can talk to them without talking."

"He has a silent voice."