Chapter 26

3rd pov

The crocodile spirit lunged forward and Deku instinctively crouched down and grabbed his armband. Screaming help in his mind, Attract appeared again and covered his body with her own. She never got hurt though because Deku had sent the piercing scream of help into the crocodile spirit who closed their mouth from the shrill frequency. Attract stayed by Deku's side, crying whilst giving him hugs like his mother once did. Grief shook his heart but he pushed it down as he spoke into the link.

After a few minutes, the other familiars there joined in too and excitedly chatted to themselves for the first time. There were so many types that were all injured in some form. Eyes glistened with sympathy, Deku looked over from the small dragons to the oddly coloured slimes, to the tough looking golems and to the weak frail pixies. There were even really rare types like a god slayers, unicorns and a bicorn.
He guessed those with physical injuries were rejected either for their looks or their inability to fight. Others seemed to have never formed a bond before so the partners must've never liked their species. But some seemed almost dead on the inside as if they were bonded but rejected every second.

With Attract giving him happy squeezes, he used the salty water that flowed from her eyes to clean the injured familiars and their wounds. The salt stung and whimpers filled the air but Deku reassured them that they were okay every second.

An hour had passed and the familiars knew that this wonderful person was going leave, they shrunk so small to the point that even the largest among them was only the size of a small dog.

The slimes jiggled by his feet and some golems curled up into a stone pile. A few turned invisible and the dragon's wings drooped. The unicorn had crystal skin that shimmered and a brilliant mane that shone blue like the afternoon sky, but even he seemed less bright. It was hard to tell with the bicorn though because of her natural black skin and navy mane that was adorned with a few glowing dots like stars in the night sky. But even she seemed down and stopped talking.

Deku realising why they were upset and felt sad, nobody should feel alone like that, lot like when he was-

Attract tapped his shoulder and he snapped out if his daze. She cupped his cheeks before smiling and slowly leaned in for a hug. Touching the armband, Attract smiled before disappearing back into the armband.

With his eyes glowing and wide open, Deku almost cheered into the link and explained that if they wanted to, he will create a bond with all of them. The familiars all perked up at that as they all got up and one by one, formed a bond before disappearing. It took another 15 minutes but Deku secured 18 more familiars into his armband before checking on it. 4 leaves were now gold and most of them were shimmering meaning that there is a familiar ready to be summoned. This makes Deku wonder why there is a polished state.

Light headed, Deku stumbled up and made his way out if the empty ally way. Attract held up an arm, giving him worried looks and quick hugs, as they walked out into the setting sun.

It was still light out but the sun only had another hour or so left and the sky was filled with multicoloured clouds. The warm coloured streaks of cloud all gathered, sending chilling winds down.

Deku ended up sitting down on a bench in the nearby park and sleep started to knock on his door. Eyelids heavy, his drooping eyes closed and sleep swayed him into comfort.

Gentle rocking lulled him within his slumber and his body was warm. The wind blew through his hair and the rocking swayed on...

"Shut up... You'll wake him!"

Eyes fluttering open, Deku blinked his large eyes and tried to understand what was going on. He could smell lots of plants and it reminded him of the forest. Except the thing he was on felt like those nice birds that use to let him pet them. Running a limp hand over the surface, a smooth feathery texture greeted his fingers and a warm mass seemed to hug him from behind. Deku's eyes felt heavy again, and they started to close...

"Oi Deku, I know I told pinky here to shut up but it's 'bout time you get up"

Eyes snapping open, Deku looked about in bewilderment and saw that he was carried in Tokoyami's back and was hugged from behind by his familiar. Attract was nowhere to be seen but the first eighth shimmered with a happy warmth.

Panicking, Deku squirmed around, causing Tokoyami to fall. The three fell in a heap on the floor and Deku groaned in pain, reflexively grabbing his armband.

A multicoloured light of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet surrounded him and the all the colours collected with their own. One by one, all the reds came together and then all the oranges, until all the colours were together. A white light took over and with a flash, seven slimes fell at Deku's feet.

The others stared at him in shock as not only does Deku seem to have an amazing ability, he somehow was able to use power despite being familiar-less? The seven slimes jiggled around as both the blue and violet one came forward and climbed up Deku towards his elbow. Using their bodies to surround the joint, the blue slime glowed and the small scrape caused by the fall was cleaned. The violet one then glowed and the cut disappeared with no trace.

Making sure that there were no more injuries, the slimes wiggled off and joined the others before making a line in order. Deku looked at them as one by one, they all glowed.

A burst of flame puffed out the red one as a pile of sand tumbled out the orange. Lighting surrounded the yellow and the green happily grew plants. Water poured out of the blue as a hole appeared under the indigo. The violet one just wriggled a bit.

With one last silent greeting, Deku smiled and all the slimes went forward to stick to him before disappearing in a beam of golden sparkles around the armband.

Rain started to fall and the silence was broken with a shrill shriek from Mina as she fretted about her makeup. Tokoyami had already gotten up and was trying to get his familiar to calm down as the evening rolled in with rain. Tsu hopped over to Deku and handed a cute green umbrella to him and together, the two made their way under the tree where the others ran to. Bakugou growled at them but was more concerned whether Deku was okay or not so quietened down before going over to them.

In silence, Tsu and Deku stood together under the umbrella with Bakugou nearby and the others all trying to dry themselves. Mineta was still nowhere to be seen but no one really cared at that point.

They were all more concerned with Deku, his green eyes glowed rainbow colours like the slimes and they had a tired look.

Apart from Deku and Bakugou who guessed what was going on, everyone was confused at what happened but also concerned for these side effects.

What's going on?

A/n okay, I wasn't clear at all and I apologize. This is my first fanfic and it wasn't even properly planned but I'm still writing.

Important
Basically, you can become one with your familiar but also let them fight as is. When you become one, they become the typical bnha characters in hero costumes but with small twists.
Eg, Todoroki may or may not end up with two coloured wings when he reaches 100% fc. Oops, 100% spoilers :p
Then they fight separate, it's usually in a costume similar to their hero outfits but less extravagant. I made them able to fight separate so fights can be more fun when I eventually get to it.
Eg, Toshinori Yagi is a skinny man. His familiar is One for All, the archangel has the quirk and is separate from him. But they can combine and their name is All Might. Their combined state is more well known but Yagi's skinny form is no secret. Familiar's may have side effects on the human.
Eg, Mina is still pink and with back eyes due to side effects.
There are may types of familiars, the mutant type ones are familiars that are literally the effect.
Eg, our invisible girl is invisible because is the side effects but the familiar is the side effect. The familiar is Invisible and hence, her effect and her looks are too.

Hope that clears some confusion 😅