Chapter 1

Deku

The first thing I notice as I opened my eyes is that I was stuck. I looked around to see what might've happened to me, only to realize that I wasn't in the forest that I fell asleep in, instead I was in the clutches of a Phoenix that glowed a bright blue flame.
Panicing slightly, I twisted my body to try and look up from the belly of the bird to try and see the rider and quickly realized that I wasn't able to. Instead, I shuffled to face the direction of the bird's head and quietly murmured

"Hey, can you look at me for a second?"

The Phoenix slowly turned its face downwards towards me and we made direct eye contact. I looked into it's dark eyes and smiled softly,

"Hey there, what's you name? Mine's Izuku Midoriya but I was called "deku"  since I don't have a familiar."

Deku waited for a minute before hearing the voice of the Phoenix.

"My partner is called Dabi and my name is Cremation, I never knew humans could talk to us before. Is it just you or are there others?"

"I've never met anyone else in my life apart from my mother and these two boys from my childhood but I think there's no one else in this world who doesn't have a familiar and could talk to them, does that make me strange?"

"Don't be silly midoriya , I haven't spoken to any other human ever apart from my partner and I think it's wonderful that I can actually talk to someone who understands me."

"You can call me Deku, it's easier to say. I know it's a bit late but where are we going?"

The Phoenix stayed silent for a moment before slowly replying, "the leader wanted us to track you down, I don't know why but I have to follow orders. We're almost there, can we talk later?"

"Of course Cremation! We are friends now so we can talk whenever you want."

"F-f-f-friends? Ummm thank you, I've never had one before but yes, I'd like to be your friend."

I cut the connection off as I was starting to get tired. I knew that he didn't mean me harm but I wondered about talking to his leader though... Who were they and what do they want with a person without a familiar? How do they even know me?