Chapter 16

Todoroki

This day has been the same as the others. He wanted me to score highest in everything so I have so far. I got in by recommendations and I've proven my point by getting first in the familiar evaluation test. But the attention of the clash based on power has always been on that Bakugou and the class rep ended up being Midoriya. Not that I mind since being rep wasn't on my list of things to do and Midoriya made a point by being the only one capable of stopping Bakugou.

The intruder alarm went off and I went with the crowd, no need to fight back really. He once said: once I'm down, stay down. There's no point getting up again.
Except...

Midoriya and Bakugou put up another show by calming the whole school down, Midoriya truly seemed like an angel when he stood up there and I felt that I was too tainted to be in his presence. It was a horrible feeling and I thought I got rid of emotions ages ago,they're just a hassle to deal with.

Things didn't get better once I found out that I wasn't the strongest in the class. I knew my fc was about 60% already and that was higher than any average hero student starting UA with the minimum of 30%. But to find out that Bakugou had 80% already? He didn't go all out in the evaluation test... That thought made me mad.

But then to find out that he got that far because of Midoriya because he was basically born with a cheat? It almost makes my life with him seem almost like a joke! I spent hours staring at the familiar, Half Cold Half Hot, to see how far he can push me. I hated the familiar with it's two colours. I wished it was only blue, just like my older brother's but he left home when I was 4.

The familiar's ice side had developed so much that the bird almost looked lopsided with the fire side feebly burning. I train the fire side enough to not slow down the ice but not enough to make an impact. I refuse to use any of the fire side because I'm rejecting him.

"Todoroki"

All Might called my name and I turned my face slightly to procces what just happened. Apparently I'll be fighting Bakugou without the familiar and Midoriya is going to help me sync better. I really want to improve the ice side because I can't seem to get past the 60% mark. I'll ask Midoriya about that later. For now, I'll train my physical body to prepare for my fight. There's no way I'd loose, I'm a paneled belt in Judo after all.

The bell rang and I head directly to the car outside that was there to pick me up. I climbed on with the familiar now the size of a hawk perched on the ledge provided. I hated the car since the way it's divided is so obvious it makes me sick.
Half of the car is filled with healing and strengthening gems that improve a familiar's foundation ability. There were also many other items that target a familiar's strength for improvement. As for the other half, it was split in two with one being 4/5 of the space and the other being 1/5. The larger one is mine with restoration stones and other things that will help me improve physically.
And then there's the last fifth. Although it's large enough to for three people to sit, it's completely bare. He said that he'd be humiliated if someone who has his blood in their body didn't take a limo everywhere but hated didn't consider them as family so they get nothing.

The ride back to the house was silent as usual and when we arrived, I opened the door and let myself in. As usual, the house was silent.

My sister was the only one who actually speaks to me but she's in a lecture right now. I left the familiar in a room especially made for 'the masterpiece' and make my way towards back of the house towards the workout place. I took a right towards the judo room and my back tingled. It's because my back was currently facing the one place I hate. The left turn led to both my mother's old room and the familiar training grounds where he spent all day just beating me up to sync with my familiar. My mother's old room contained happy memories, the ones where she spent time with me and gave me hugs. She told me that I could play with her hair to calm down and I often did as a child. Her hair was soft and slightly tangled but it felt wonderful and I always calmed down right away. Her hugs were warm too, but after... After she left, I've felt nothing but the cold.