Snapped

Edited

(When the words are italic like this then it's a wolf that is speaking)

I'll tell you the tale of a sweet, shy, and lonely girl who became a dark, cold hearted bitch.

The girl was called Aletha, her full name was Aletha Sol Reyes. Her mother named her after her grandmother. The middle name was given by the father who was fascinated by the sun.

Aletha had a relatively good life for the first 9 months of it. She was going to be born into a loving family who had wanted a child for years, but when her father slept with another woman the night before Alethas birth, her life had been set on a different course. A much darker and lonelier one.
Cheating on your mate was not forbidden, but very much frowned upon. Though that didn't stop Alethas father from doing so, the night before her birth. After that their life was never the same again.  She had once been thought a gift but she felt like a curse.

Her mother, grief stricken, had killed herself a couple days after Alethas birth, to escape the pain of her mates sin. Leaving Aletha with no memory of her other then a dragonfly necklace heirloom.
Her father didn't know what to do with a child so he practically let her raise herself. By the time Aletha was able to go to school she had known that she would make no friends. So she wasn't surprised when, on the first day, no one had attempted to talk to her or even look at her. It was as if she was invisible.

That night Aletha cried herself to sleep. She didn't like the feeling of loneliness but somehow knew she'd have to get use to it and she did.

As the years went on a sort of ranking system had been established in the school by the students. Aletha had been the lowest of the lowest, while people like her future beta and alpha were at the top.
Her future alpha, Xander Alvarez had been a sweet young boy who was raised to care what everyone would think. Something he would come to regret in the future.
Aletha, like many of the other females, had a crush on him. She would never openly show it or admit it. The repercussions of such an act would be disastrous, so she discreetly admired him from afar.
As the years went on and everyone she knew were hitting their teenage years, they also began to change, becoming more obsessed with themselves or with others, but Xander had stayed the same sweet, wonderful, cute boy she had grown up with.
Aletha had also stayed the same but no one cared or noticed.
She was 12 and only one year away from being able to shift and she couldn't have been any happier. The happiness didn't last long when she thought about how she had no one to share the feeling with or talk about it to.
That year was the year that Xander left for a training camp in becoming an alpha. Like everyone else she would miss him. He was her first and only crush. Little did she know that when he came back 3 years later,  things would be different and life would only get worse for Aletha.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 years later

Aletha was now 15 and had grown into her body. Her birthday was coming up in 2 weeks and she was dreading it. She would be able to find her mate once she hit the age of 16. She would always pale at the thought of finding her mate. He would reject her instantly. No way would he want to stay with her.
Her wolf, Zelda, grew enraged at these thoughts.
Our mate will want us. A mate is meant to protect and love us. And if he just so happens to fail on his part then we move on and stay strong.
She never argued with her wolf seeing as she was stubborn. Something she learned the first night she had shifted.
The one time in her lonely life she had ever been happy and loved. That night she not only gained a wolf but she gained a friend. Her first one ever and as pathetic as it sounded it was the most beautiful moment of her life.
The day before her birthday the pack was excited and busy planning a party.
Not for her.
No one knew her birthday was tomorrow except her, something she had worked hard to achieve.
They were planning a welcome back party for their future Alpha. The day of Alethas birthday was also the day that Xander would return home from his 3 year training trip.
She couldn't help but be a tad bit excited. She hadn't seen him since he left three years ago and wondered if he'd changed any. He was 17, one year away from taking on the Alpha position. One year from becoming a true leader.